Any suggestions???

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
darthfreddie
Newcomer

I'm 37 and I don't get to practice much anymore because I'm married, have 2 kids, etc..... But I have a job now that requires me to travel quite a bit which means I have time to myself in hotel rooms. I don't have the ability to take a full size guitar with me. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could use to practice with that might fit in a normal size suit case? I've thought about just a neck, or maby even some kind of guitar that is easy to disassemble and reassemble. I don't know. I'm looking for ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zeds.Ded

welcome Freddie!

have you heard of Steinberger guitars??

they have one thats quite small and great for traveling

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=897

HEY BOSWELL!!! show this guy your guitars! :D
pjaydee

Dont fender do a mini strat??? Im sure i saw one somewhere...
bancika

Ibanez has Micro RG or something
boswell

Zeds.Ded wrote:welcome Freddie!

have you heard of Steinberger guitars??

they have one thats quite small and great for traveling

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=897

HEY BOSWELL!!! show this guy your guitars! :D
Cheers for the introduction here's a Steinberger Synapse:

Steinberger Synapse, fixed bridge, EMG pickups, Maple body with Maple/Graphite neck and Phenolic fretboard.

Here's the cheap Steinberger Spirit I use this for travelling in my camper van

I use both the above with one of these through headphones or into a PC, Laptop or amp:

If you want a full size guitar that is a little smaller than a "ordinary" guitar then there's the GM, GR, GU range:

My 1988 Steinberger GR4 with 1998 neck which has been refretted (reputedly to Alan Holdsworth spec) 20" radius near flat relief and 6100 frets. At some point it's had a synth pickup fitted then removed.
It sports the standard fitment of SD Custom Custom in the bridge and two SD Hotrails, I recently had a coil tap fitted to the neck pickup and now get a loverly realistic "Strat tone"

Most other "travel guitars are mere toys in comparison 8)
pataman

Damn thats a nice guitar. Im looking to get a USA GT7 model maybe. but i cant find anywhere who sells them, on the steinberger website though it looks too cool to be true.
Janitor

hey they have come guitars that are half size, maybe you should look into those, i know there are some gibson, and ibanez. just a suggestion