I recently Purchased a japanese ibanez Jem

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
leigh01

I recently Purchased a japanese ibanez Jem

#1 Post by leigh01 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:06 am

i recently brought an ibanez jem white and gold for £1400 which in dollars is about $2735 a bargain hey and before that i had a jem555 i think its called that anyway and it was rubbish so dont buy it it is only £800 but for what u get 4 your money its not worth it :P :roll:

SPQR

Re: I recently Purchased a japanese ibanez Jem

#2 Post by SPQR » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:02 pm

leigh01 wrote:i recently brought an ibanez jem white and gold for £1400 which in dollars is about $2735 a bargain hey and before that i had a jem555 i think its called that anyway and it was rubbish so dont buy it it is only £800 but for what u get 4 your money its not worth it :P :roll:
Ok well i would just like to say a few things to correct you, you jem that you purchased for £1,400 would have been a jem7vwh, and normally aint a bargin for that price as that is round about the normal retail price. Secondly why would anyone spend £800 on a guitar and not no the name of the guitar they just purchased. And lastly explain why the jem 555 wasnt worth the money you apparently paid for it? Was it the up to 12th fret tree of life or bassword body or the jumbo frets rather than the 6105 frets? or edge pro rather than lo pro. ???

leigh01

#3 Post by leigh01 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:59 am

Oi fortheloveofgod the jem555 i took to a top guitar tech and he said to take it back cos the EDGE PRO TWO BRIDGE was tilted and the BASSWOOD was poor quality THE JUMBO FRETS i liked and didnt care about but THE THREE EVO ONES were very good and powerful and sounded so rich.

AND THE JEM7VWH WAS THE 2005 EDITION is cheap cos in the u.k they retail at £2200 and if your so smart.

you first of all you put you jem that you purchased and it would be jems
and the full name of the guitar i didnt state cos most people probably knew what one i meant.

and you say it isnt a bargain at that price did you ever think of that its that price were you live but in the u.k once all the import duty's on it works out very exspensive and you must be tight i bet you have tons of money but just dont want to support that special one and only steve vai.

also try to state to me who you are are you a luthier i am guessing not cos a real luthier wouldn't quesion, he would just accept, and also i have helped a friend repair guitars which are as follows 3 fender strat mexicans 2 fat strats and an ibanez rg 2250 prestige so get of my case. :x
Last edited by leigh01 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

brentm

#4 Post by brentm » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:47 am

leigh01 - no need to jump to conclusions or be defensive.

I do have trouble comprehending your posts. I might suggest a bit of proofreading on your part before you click the submit button.

Splish

#5 Post by Splish » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:15 am

I agree with Brentm... Don't be so defensive...

And i think you'll find JEM's retail for about £1600 in the UK.. That's what it is in my local music shop, and in GAK, i believe it's cheaper... http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-jem-7/1154
But i guess it's quite a good deal...

Might i suggest that you include full stops in your posts also, as I for one find them difficult to read :wink:

Splish

leigh01

#6 Post by leigh01 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:48 am

yeah sorry, for being all defensive, its just that,'fortheloveofgod', is constantly on my back, and anyway thats cheap £1,600, cos ive got a friend who works in a shop, he can only get it for the price i got it for,

also sorry for being so defensive, i just thought ,'fortheloveofgod', was getting on at me.

and see im working on my punctuation. :lol:

SPQR

#7 Post by SPQR » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:50 am

The jem 7vwh retails at 1,400 in my local guitar shop, any jem that retails for 2,000 or more is more than likl going to be the Jem77 mirror.

This leigh is serouisly lacking facts

Hi im not constantly on your back its just ive noticed that you don't know what your saying in some cases???, and threads are in exitence to be answered to. So sorry for any bother on my behalf

leigh01

#8 Post by leigh01 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:56 am

Yes well before When i Purchased that guitar, i didnt have the internet, to look all the info up on, and why do you keep saying lacking facts your probably just looking on the internet, are you just being defensive cos i bad mouthed the jem 555, cos thats the one you have.'fortheloveofgod'.

:lol:

Also i except the apology.

but what state or county do you live in, or what shop did you see it in for that price.

SPQR

#9 Post by SPQR » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:10 pm

leigh01 wrote:Yes well before When i Purchased that guitar, i didnt have the internet, to look all the info up on, and why do you keep saying lacking facts your probably just looking on the internet, are you just being defensive cos i bad mouthed the jem 555, cos thats the one you have.'fortheloveofgod'.

:lol:

Also i except the apology.

but what state or county do you live in, or what shop did you see it in for that price.
Ok well firstly as i stated before the whole point of a forum is to start a thread which you have done, and the members post a reply which is usually to answer a question or correct a issue. In this case al im saying is that the jem 7vwh retails for around £1,400 and has done for quite some time now, within the UK. If you search around on Internet sites som will do it for cheaper however many will do it around the same prie of maybe a few bucks more just depends however for the price you said that is merly exorbant truly.

The most expensive price you can get for an jem 7vwh is $2,799,99 which is £1,430,00 (list below from jemsite).

Ibanez Dealer List Price
$2,799.99 list price (price rise 1/20/2005) - price includes M100C case
$2,659.99 list price (price rise 7/1/2004)
$2,399.99 list price (price rise for 2000-2002)
$2,199.99 list price (1997, 1998, 1999)

this website actually sells the jem vwh for a bit more so why would i be searchin the net for cheaper prices. All these prices are reasonable and the one you pointed out was clearly exorbant and unrealistic:

http://www.ibanezguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Jem_7V.html

leigh01

#10 Post by leigh01 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:27 pm

'fortheloveofgod',i am glad we agree to disagree,but do you see what i mean by how exspensive it can be, there were two shops i went to when it first came out and they both said the RRP is £2200 and they were sound control and coda music, do you perhaps know if the price has just gone down over the time of a year, or whether they were available for around £1.400 back when i purchased one last year in march,

i appreciate your responce and dedication to finding the true price even though its anoying that the shops lied to me, cos i got a loan out just to buy that guitar cos they assured me that, that was the cheapest i could get it for. oh yes and it included a prestige hard case and tools.
:(
Last edited by leigh01 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Splish

#11 Post by Splish » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:30 am

You should shop around more my friend :wink:

Go you with the grammar :P

Splish

leigh01

#12 Post by leigh01 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:37 am

Splish wrote:You should shop around more my friend :wink:

Go you with the grammar :P

Splish
YEAH!!!!!!
:headbang !
wow i even know how to use those things above the 1.