Jem neck question

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Zeds.Ded

story horsebox's

i got a rg350dx there a while back, fairly ok guitar, though imho i think the P'ups are rubish, thats why im changing them to evo's! anyway, saving money is a hard thing to do, what with all the distractions of various pedals and other coo guitar related stuff (you can never have too much polish! :D ) and a JEM reeeaallly requires you to save quite a bit! anyhoo, im looking for somthing to keep my happy for the next 10 yrs while i save! in other words i want to get 7vwh neck to spice up my guitar. but if search every ebay an can only find one 555 neck, and it has a black headstock. can anyone tell me if ther is some holy place on the internet were it is possible to buy such parts? or do i have to order straight from Mr. Ibanez himself????

sorry for the write up!

:roll:

P.S. any help appreciated
RAI

You could always try places like Jemsite, or keep huntin' on the "bay".
There is also the option of having one made for you, and you'll see a couple of guys if you go to Jemsite that offer such services.

Ordering one from Ibanez isn't happening.
They only sell necks as replacements, and you have to give them your old neck before they ship the new one. And what you send, is what you get back. In other words, you cannot send them an RG neck, and get a JEM back. No can do.......

So, keep huntin'!!!!
EyE

RAI wrote:They only sell necks as replacements, and you have to give them your old neck before they ship the new one.
And that takes ages.
j.arledge

you can get a neck custom made with the vine inlay and jem profile for around 200-250 USD,

I am sort of at the same place , except i have a jem copy body and want a v-neck profile but with a maple fret board and a blue vine inlay .

so yeah something like what you want can be done , but i wont be an original ibanez neck unless you get one used off of ebay .
Zeds.Ded

what companies will make Jem style necks for you?
jonnyboy mills

Click on "ibanez" then "inlays"

www.cottamguitars.co.uk
R1FSR

jonnyboy mills wrote:Click on "ibanez" then "inlays"

www.cottamguitars.co.uk

I can vouch for Max ..hes a great guy and does awesome work :D
TongueNGroove

Does anyone know who does that work here in America?

I want to replace my fretboard with a vine inlay fretboard.
vaiisgod8

ok you have a couple choices. they have some that are made and sold on ebay but i have never seen them in person. the pics look good but who knows and they sell for only 200 to 300. as far as i know ibanez doesnt sell just necks to the general public and if they did and do they wont be cheap. check out edroman.com this guy is the best and has been around for a long time. he will hand build and his work is the best his necks are way better than the stock ones on the ibanez guitars. he does hand inlay work as well even on an ebony board and its real inlay not plastic like a lot of places use. he made one that was all white pics are on the net on a jem 7vwh and it looks killer. he does the tree of life inlay really nice as well and will even do custom work but none of it is cheap. he at times has stock 7vwh necks either hardly used or brand new from people upgrading to a better custom neck.
leigh01

Oh my god those LED's I want one,
Get one of those beautie's dude.

Im in heaven i guess im going to custom another guitar too now.