Jackson Dk2

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Post Reply
Distortion D1
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:25 am

Last night i was surfing on some guitar websites and i realised Jacksons website has been updated and one of their"new" model really got me into it..

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2911005

What do you guys think about this Guitar..is it worth it..Looks good, i mean i just love the Fingerboard its just amazing ..something Jackson always had in their custom shop , but now they are stocking it..What you all think ..is it worth it ?
Igor
Member
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:42 am

yes.


buy from matt @ http://www.mattsmusic.com/ email directly for price & stock



they feature a but thicker necks as usual FAIK, with a realy comfy profile.


and the fingerboard with black binding looks amazing!!
User avatar
calos
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:31 pm

If you like this instrument, then go ahead a try one out, but to me it looks almost exactley like this kind of jackson did 20 years ago, I mean absolutley nothing has changed in the slightest about it.

I know Jems are similar but there have been quite a few adeptations along the way and all of them good.

peace
cal
dex
Member
Member
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:09 am

Here in the UK the Jackson DK2 is the best value for money gitar on the market.
£330 gets you a Japanese made guitar with real SD pickups (more for the maple fingerboard version) which is £200 less than the RG1570 and you only get V7/V8 in the Ibanez and a proprietary trem.
The DK2 trem route will take (without any mods) an OFR, FR Pro and FRII if you want to upgrade but even the stock TRS trem is made in Japan on a hardened steel base and is pretty durable.
I've not heard anyone complain about them on the Jackson Charvel forum.

Ibanez have responded to this maple fingerboard DK with a mple fingerboard RG350 released for the Summer NAMM.
There's a pic of it on Ibanez.com.

ilia
Distortion D1
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:25 am

Yeah still cry .. I could have got the RG350 Maple fingerboard instead of a Rg370dx:( .. What to do ...im just a Maple guy
Igor
Member
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:42 am

dex wrote:Here in the UK the Jackson DK2 is the best value for money gitar on the market.
£330 gets you a Japanese made guitar with real SD pickups (more for the maple fingerboard version) which is £200 less than the RG1570 and you only get V7/V8 in the Ibanez and a proprietary trem.
The DK2 trem route will take (without any mods) an OFR, FR Pro and FRII if you want to upgrade but even the stock TRS trem is made in Japan on a hardened steel base and is pretty durable.
I've not heard anyone complain about them on the Jackson Charvel forum.

Ibanez have responded to this maple fingerboard DK with a mple fingerboard RG350 released for the Summer NAMM.
There's a pic of it on Ibanez.com.

ilia
you mean re-released.. they had one of those 350's a few years back.. but the dumb asses cut down on the maple and stuck hitwood on every neck they could get their hands on.


DK2M FTW!!!

though it needs a reverse headstock :D


though, i'll go out on a limb and say that if you ordered a dk2m in the crimson swirl colour from the states, you'd still be way under the price you would pay in europe...

well, not just on a limb. i know that for a fact.
Distortion D1
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:25 am

Yeah i still think they guitar kinda deserves a Reverse Headstock ...
Lucky
Member
Member
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:59 pm

Distortion D1 wrote:Yeah i still think they guitar kinda deserves a Reverse Headstock ...
Hehe...and I still feel like the DXMG needs a regular headstock. :wink:
Image
Distortion D1
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:25 am

Its all about taste .. I kinda dont like the Regular once and I dont like DXMG's .. i prefer the DKMG .. the neck feels and looks heavenly .. Piranha inlays look cool ..
Eutow
Member
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:18 am

Lucky wrote:
Distortion D1 wrote:Yeah i still think they guitar kinda deserves a Reverse Headstock ...
Hehe...and I still feel like the DXMG needs a regular headstock. :wink:
Image
don't make fun of my guitar! lol
Igor
Member
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:42 am

Lucky wrote:
Distortion D1 wrote:Yeah i still think they guitar kinda deserves a Reverse Headstock ...
Hehe...and I still feel like the DXMG needs a regular headstock. :wink:
Image
man, you can get a regular dk2 neck and put it on, but the dk2m has a MAPLE fretboard.. you cant just slap a neck from another guitar on it.

the other alternative would be puting the neck from the 6 string wolbers sig neck on, which is a reverse headstock, ebony fingerboard with no inlays and slap a behind the nut lock, like on kahlers, on it... but it's not maple!


maple rules!
Distortion D1
Member
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:25 am

I like DXMG .. but i guess this is a dumb question ... are the pick-ups on DXMG active ?
and are those 81 -- 85 ?
pr1nce
Member
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:08 pm

ibanez s470 = best for money
Lucky
Member
Member
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:59 pm

Distortion D1 wrote:Its all about taste .. I kinda dont like the Regular once and I dont like DXMG's .. i prefer the DKMG .. the neck feels and looks heavenly .. Piranha inlays look cool ..
Actually I'm with ya on the DKMG. I dig the inlays too. IMO that guitar would be perfect with a regular headstock...too bad they don't offer that. Soooo I settled for the DK2 and now I want the "S" model with the sustainer. :)
Igor
Member
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:42 am

Distortion D1 wrote:I like DXMG .. but i guess this is a dumb question ... are the pick-ups on DXMG active ?
and are those 81 -- 85 ?
the X series doesnt have actives, however, the rest of the MG series has active EMG's stock


and dont say a word about the DKMG. if it had an ebony fingerboard, i'd own one in every color LOL


and no, the s470 isnt the best value for money.
Post Reply