Jackson Dk2

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Distortion D1

Last night i was surfing on some guitar websites and i realised Jacksons website has been updated and one of their"new" model really got me into it..

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2911005

What do you guys think about this Guitar..is it worth it..Looks good, i mean i just love the Fingerboard its just amazing ..something Jackson always had in their custom shop , but now they are stocking it..What you all think ..is it worth it ?
Igor

yes.

buy from matt @ http://www.mattsmusic.com/ email directly for price & stock

they feature a but thicker necks as usual FAIK, with a realy comfy profile.

and the fingerboard with black binding looks amazing!!
calos

If you like this instrument, then go ahead a try one out, but to me it looks almost exactley like this kind of jackson did 20 years ago, I mean absolutley nothing has changed in the slightest about it.

I know Jems are similar but there have been quite a few adeptations along the way and all of them good.

peace
cal
dex

Here in the UK the Jackson DK2 is the best value for money gitar on the market.
£330 gets you a Japanese made guitar with real SD pickups (more for the maple fingerboard version) which is £200 less than the RG1570 and you only get V7/V8 in the Ibanez and a proprietary trem.
The DK2 trem route will take (without any mods) an OFR, FR Pro and FRII if you want to upgrade but even the stock TRS trem is made in Japan on a hardened steel base and is pretty durable.
I've not heard anyone complain about them on the Jackson Charvel forum.

Ibanez have responded to this maple fingerboard DK with a mple fingerboard RG350 released for the Summer NAMM.
There's a pic of it on Ibanez.com.

ilia
Distortion D1

Yeah still cry .. I could have got the RG350 Maple fingerboard instead of a Rg370dx:( .. What to do ...im just a Maple guy
Igor

dex wrote:Here in the UK the Jackson DK2 is the best value for money gitar on the market.
£330 gets you a Japanese made guitar with real SD pickups (more for the maple fingerboard version) which is £200 less than the RG1570 and you only get V7/V8 in the Ibanez and a proprietary trem.
The DK2 trem route will take (without any mods) an OFR, FR Pro and FRII if you want to upgrade but even the stock TRS trem is made in Japan on a hardened steel base and is pretty durable.
I've not heard anyone complain about them on the Jackson Charvel forum.

Ibanez have responded to this maple fingerboard DK with a mple fingerboard RG350 released for the Summer NAMM.
There's a pic of it on Ibanez.com.

ilia
you mean re-released.. they had one of those 350's a few years back.. but the dumb asses cut down on the maple and stuck hitwood on every neck they could get their hands on.

DK2M FTW!!!

though it needs a reverse headstock :D

though, i'll go out on a limb and say that if you ordered a dk2m in the crimson swirl colour from the states, you'd still be way under the price you would pay in europe...

well, not just on a limb. i know that for a fact.
Distortion D1

Yeah i still think they guitar kinda deserves a Reverse Headstock ...
Lucky

Distortion D1 wrote:Yeah i still think they guitar kinda deserves a Reverse Headstock ...
Hehe...and I still feel like the DXMG needs a regular headstock. :wink:
Distortion D1

Its all about taste .. I kinda dont like the Regular once and I dont like DXMG's .. i prefer the DKMG .. the neck feels and looks heavenly .. Piranha inlays look cool ..
Eutow

Lucky wrote:
Distortion D1 wrote:Yeah i still think they guitar kinda deserves a Reverse Headstock ...
don't make fun of my guitar! lol
Igor

Lucky wrote:
man, you can get a regular dk2 neck and put it on, but the dk2m has a MAPLE fretboard.. you cant just slap a neck from another guitar on it.

the other alternative would be puting the neck from the 6 string wolbers sig neck on, which is a reverse headstock, ebony fingerboard with no inlays and slap a behind the nut lock, like on kahlers, on it... but it's not maple!

maple rules!
Distortion D1

I like DXMG .. but i guess this is a dumb question ... are the pick-ups on DXMG active ?
and are those 81 -- 85 ?
pr1nce

ibanez s470 = best for money
Lucky

Distortion D1 wrote:Its all about taste .. I kinda dont like the Regular once and I dont like DXMG's .. i prefer the DKMG .. the neck feels and looks heavenly .. Piranha inlays look cool ..
Actually I'm with ya on the DKMG. I dig the inlays too. IMO that guitar would be perfect with a regular headstock...too bad they don't offer that. Soooo I settled for the DK2 and now I want the "S" model with the sustainer. :)
Igor

Distortion D1 wrote:I like DXMG .. but i guess this is a dumb question ... are the pick-ups on DXMG active ?
and are those 81 -- 85 ?
the X series doesnt have actives, however, the rest of the MG series has active EMG's stock

and dont say a word about the DKMG. if it had an ebony fingerboard, i'd own one in every color LOL

and no, the s470 isnt the best value for money.