Evos dont forgive mistakes..

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
rub_800

I bougth an evolution for my RG. Maybe I'll be installing it the next week. I've seen this phrase in some places and I want to know some opinions of that. Is this true? What is the reason or why some people say that?..

Sorry for my english, I'm not a native english speaker :?
j.arledge

well the evolution is very very clear , so if you mess up or hit a wrong note , you'll know it and if there are people listing to you they will know it too .
Jem-7vwh-agg

it can be noisy and does not forgive anything. it's not a rookie pickup. i like my paf pro's better.
al

but it may help u play super clean :D

i noticed that when i started using a compressor, most little noises get amplified, but it helped me a lot play cleaner damn the evos sexy loud output! :)
resha

It gives really distinct sounds so if you don't play a note in the right way you'll clearly notice it, not as some other pick ups that tend to "mix" and "work into dough" your sound.
Jem-7vwh-agg

evo are not as clean as you think. Try a tonezone or a paf pro if you want clean pickups. evos are mid/bass creamy pickups, high output makes them so sensitive to noise. Don't get me wrong, I love my evos on my jem7vwh but they are hard pickups.
dex

The thing is Evos are so sensitive that they pick up and amplify all the other noises you inadvertantly make while playing and that turns it all to mush.
They are also very sensitive to attack and fingering which makes them very expressive if you are skilled.

If you are not a very precise player you'll hate the Evos, you'll also hate them if you want to get anything other than compressed and distorted sound.
Now considering I'm saying this on vai.com - chancess are you ARE after compressed and distorted tone so just have a go.

I always associate Vai's tone with the smooth silky violiny Whitesnake/PAW vibe and the Paf Pro's can do that spot on with compression, some delay and gain on 7 so the Evos were too much for me as they are a lot more brutal/harsh sounding and can't do smoother violiny sounds as well as Paf Pros.
The Evos are perfect for the younger crowd and for people who need a guitar that can do Vai but that can also do Pantera/Metallica/Linkin Park tones when you turn the gain all the way up.

ilia
hspno300
Newcomer

yeah the tonezone is good. cleaned my playing up real good
SPQR

Okies im so glad that this thread has actually came to light on this forum, i jus wanted to know basically how much better in terms of performance, sound, tone etc are the evo's in comparison to Infinities on Ibanez rg 350?

How clean are the evo's in realistic terms? can they pick up everything or ?? :lol: :lol:
endor

ok, first off, the infinities suck, horrible pick ups, they are mush, i hate them, i am so glad that i actually got a iabnez Rg beforthey swapped the bridge and pickups. go with the tonezone my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex,
rub_800

I have a 350dx too.. I've heard that they are decent stock pickups (at least they are better than powersounds).. but I don't have much experience with pickups so I don't know.. I hope if you put evo's on the rg350 you won't miss the Infinities rigth?? .. :?
Logic

Don't worry about that.
Go play a guitar with evo's and see what you can see.
I am in love with my Evo's and just about everyone here is a better guitarist than me. I mean they may indeed hear a occasional wrong note but the trade off is they get to hear all the right notes!