Which guitars have the best sustain and tuning stability...?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
alienillusions
Banned

Igor wrote:are we talking PERFECT intonation or within the instruments boundaries?

that comment about strats not being able to intonate is COMPLETE and UTTER bullshit. and i say that guy doenst know what he's talking about

every guitar is prone to intonation issues, since it is only a close estimate. but you get close enough so it is playable and spot on as far as playability goes. if you want to plug it into measuring instruments and try to intonate it perfectly, it just wont go that way.
OK, so you're saying Andy Aledort is full of shit? Do you know who he is? He's interviewed hundreds of artists, given countless lessons in Guitar World Magazine, has put out several instructional DVD's, has played in The Dickey Bett's band, among many others, transcribed thousands of songs, probably more than anyone. Satriani even said Andy could show you how to play any lick from practically any song, exactly how the artist played it because he's done so many transcriptions...So I think the man knows a thing or two about guitars.. :wink: And having owned a high end Strat myself, i know it is not 'complete and utter bullshit'.
alienillusions
Banned

MR4Y wrote:the intonation (plus tunning), only will be perfect when we get a way to tune ALL the 6 strings at the same time. The same with the intonation.
How does that make sense? Please elaborate...
al

in my experience Blue guitars have the Best Sustain

ba dum dum dish

8)
Igor

alienillusions wrote:
Igor wrote:are we talking PERFECT intonation or within the instruments boundaries?

that comment about strats not being able to intonate is COMPLETE and UTTER bullshit. and i say that guy doenst know what he's talking about

every guitar is prone to intonation issues, since it is only a close estimate. but you get close enough so it is playable and spot on as far as playability goes. if you want to plug it into measuring instruments and try to intonate it perfectly, it just wont go that way.
OK, so you're saying Andy Aledort is full of shit? Do you know who he is? He's interviewed hundreds of artists, given countless lessons in Guitar World Magazine, has put out several instructional DVD's, has played in The Dickey Bett's band, among many others, transcribed thousands of songs, probably more than anyone. Satriani even said Andy could show you how to play any lick from practically any song, exactly how the artist played it because he's done so many transcriptions...So I think the man knows a thing or two about guitars.. :wink: And having owned a high end Strat myself, i know it is not 'complete and utter bullshit'.
a man that knows a lot about technique and PLAYING the instrument, doesnt mean he knows a lot about the instrument itself. i frankly, dont give a shit who he is. if he is dealing in absolutes about intonating a guitar, well.. you CANT perfectly intonate ANY guitar if we go to that. saying that a strat (in general) is worse is total bullshit.
so, because my old, shitty epi sg cant intonate, that means NO OTHER SHORT SCALE INSTRUMENT CAN INTONATE?
give me a fucking break. intonation, like tone has many other factors. perfect, 100% intonation is pretty much impossible, but you can get it as close as 99% and if that isnt good enough for you, you should stop playing guitar altogether.