JEM vs JS cast your votes now!!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.

JEM or JS

JEM
19%
JEM
19%
JEM
19%
JEM
19%
JS
6%
JS
6%
JS
6%
JS
6%

Total votes: 216
<will>
Banned

ok this is it the ultimate show-down that has probebly been done 1000 times before but heh arnt i original, eh? who are you gunna throw your lock in with the lovely JEM or the sexy JS now is the time to CHOOSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAR!!
<will>
Banned

oooooooooooooo 50 50
j.arledge

not any more.

i played a first year model jem and didn't like, then i played the js1000 and loved it.

I would have thought the jem neck would have been simular to a wizard 1 but it is closer to a wizard 2.

The js neck was really nice though and it played great, i also didn't like the paf pros in the jem, i like the evolutions quite a bit though.
ppvai

im goig with jem ithink its sexier and have better sound :twisted: :wink:
Gastric Sumo

I love my Jem, but I wish it had better harmonics like the 22 fret guitars I've played. The Jem wins in the looks dept. but I think I like the sound and tone of the JS guitars slightly better. It's all a matter of personal preference though, since they are both excellent guitars.
knarfzednem

i actually just got my jem 2 days ago.i have not been able to put it down.i'm afraid my arms will fall off.i have never played a js,and the neck is a little strange coming from wizard II's, but i will have to say my jem7vwh is the best guitar i have EVER played.
saxaxe

Ive played a few jems and a few different JS models. The Jems I played were amazing. Ive played two 7VWH, and a Bad Horsie Jem. The bad horsie was poorly set up, so it didnt play as well as the 7VWH. I thought for a while the the Jem was the best, most natural feeling guitar ever, but I had the privalage of played a JS1200 and a JS2000. Like the BH Jem, the 1200 was poorly set up, but it still felt great. The 2000 was just amazing. It felt perfect. My only complaint is that it didnt have a trem. The JS models are lacking some things I need, though, like 24 frets. The scalloped frets and lions claw in the Jem arent required for my playing, but they're sure as hell great to have. The Jem has more features, but the JS feels better. Im gonna have to go with the JS here.
resha

jem... maybe only for the monkey grip :roll: or the tree of life inlay too :wink:
Luan

I never played a js or Jem, but I like the look of the Jem.
PrestigeRG3020
Newcomer

These guitars are so very different , I can't even understand why you made this poll. The JS has a more strat like neck on it , the basswood body and Joe's pickups which sound nothing like the JEM's. The JEM is just a totally different guitar from the JS, besides the specs. They play very differently, personally I like the JEM neck a little bit better because I have smaller hands and I don't have the reach that Joe would on a 22 Fret. But seriously you can't compare these two because every player is different and these guitars are nothing alike.
thelordofcheesecake

A/B tested them a while back both through a Mesa Dual Rec.

JEM felt nicer, it sang, it just moulded onto me. JS was a good guitar, but not even close.
Andelusion

Isn't it a bit obvious what people will choose?
j.arledge

Andelusion wrote:Isn't it a bit obvious what people will choose?

well it the steve vai website so you wouldn't think it would be to hard to pick which one people would choice.
<will>
Banned

God sake!! why does this always happen...
i made this topic for fun ok..... FUN, you know what that is right?
all these comments like "i dont even understand why you made this thread"
or "its obvious what people will choose"..... its only a bit of fun people and oh yea just cos your on the Vai site doesn't mean you'll wanna play a JEM otherwise there would be no votes of the JS now would there so please......
let me have my fun

"seriously you can't compare these two because every player is different and these guitars are nothing alike."

did you come on this poll just to lecture me??
if i cant compare them then why did you vote??
EVO 555

i love the jem neck so i say a jem