Creaky fretboard and this and that and......

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
alienillusions
Banned

Hey guys...just put new strings on my JS 1200 (D'Addario EXL 120) and I am getting squeaky sounds when I bend the strings, and creaky sounds when I bend on the fretboard. The fretboard prob is bugging me the most. I already used a toothbrush to get all the crap off between the frets, then I applied lemon oil, let it sit for a couple minutes, and wiped off the excess. When I do bends, sometimes my finger will be struggling to push across the fretboard as if there were airplane glue stuck to the fretboard or something and then I get that creaky sound. I figured after i cleaned and oiled the board, it'd be nice and easy, but it's kind of laborious to play and I haven't had this much fretboard resistance yet....Effing frustrating!!!!!!!! The thing won't even stay in tune after I fully stretched the strings for an hour or two, and the sustain is somewhat less. Someone sucked the life out of my guitar! Was it YOU?! :?: Anyways, any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks! :cry:
jemmaster7

I would take it to the nearest guitar retailer and tell them whats the matter with it. It,s probably gonna cost some dpepends on if it has to be replaced.
Amano

Did you change your stringe gauge? You may need to re-angle your tremolo.

Here's a tutorial on how to do that.
Gastric Sumo

Has the guitar been sitting for a while? The frets can get a little corroded from sitting, and the more you play it, the smoother it'll feel(if that's the case).
j.arledge

Amano wrote:Did you change your stringe gauge? You may need to re-angle your tremolo.

Here's a tutorial on how to do that.
or check www.jemsite.com for set up instructions.

It sounds like the guitas bridge is too high or low, as for the nosie i can't tell you what it would be, i have never heard of a guitar doing that before.
alienillusions
Banned

Problem solved....when I first got the guitar, the idiot set-up guy put the 3 springs straight, even after I told them NOT to touch them...so, I changed back to the arrow formation and the tone, playability, harmonics, and sustain are noticabely much better...No wonder I was getting bored and frustrated with the thing! Thanks for the advice though! :D