The JEM555 and JS1200

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
JohnStamos

Hey, i live in a very small town where there are hardly any music shops. Unfortunately, i dont have the luxury of trying out such good guitars unless i take a long road trip.

I was just wondering, what is the 'better' guitar: JEM555 or the JS1200?

In all honestly, im looking for a guitar in the 1000-1200 dollar range with a really good tremolo. The JEM555 seems good but i was just wondering, what good guitars are out there in that price range with a good tremolo? It doesn't have to be Ibanez.

Thank you :)
ax murderer

the JS is BY FAR the superior guitar here, thanks to it's japanese (not korean) build quality and superior bridge. with the 555, you're paying for the grip and inlay etc along with steve's name. if you can live without a 24 fret 'board, go for the JS.
EVO 555

i agree go with the js
saxaxe

Hey....you posted this same exact thing on the UG boards didnt you? Oh well....Id look into the Prestige line. Damn good guitars. But out of those two, the JS is better only because of the trem on the 555. But I would seriously look at some of the prestige models.
alienillusions
Banned

I own the JS 1200, and man I can tell you, not only does it look dead sexy, it plays and sounds awesome live. I've had it out to a few gigs at packed bars, and it was smokin!!! Also, remember it has the coil tap and high pass filter....You can get almost an acoustic sound by lowering the volume pot and deploying both features...The pickups are likely not as hot as the Jem, but they are a great all-around rock combo. A very versatile guitar...
Instrumentalrockrocks

Pretty obvious go for the JS1200...

in the Candy Apple Red colour it's one of the most beautiful guitars because it's just simple beautiful red colour and just to humbuckers wich you can (w/ the coil tap) switch to some sort of single coils....

COOL!

Shred On :guitar
j.arledge

the js is better out of the two but if you want an rg/jem style guitar you do need to check out the prestige line, they have the more classic neck profile that everyone loves, the necks aren't too different from jems from the specs i have seen.
saxaxe

WHOO HOO! I played a JS for the first time today (JS2000) and WOW. It was amazing. I didnt like the light feel of it, but holy crap! It played like a dream and sounded amazing. The pickups were GREAT. If you like Satch's tone at all, go for it. The only downsides to the guitar is that it only has 21 (I think, maybe 22) frets, as opposed to 24. But if you dont need the other 2, go for it. If you do, a prestige is your best bet.