Ibanez RG550

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Alan_MAY_VAI
Newcomer

Hey guys this is my first post. I have recently bought a RG550 and i know that this is the previous model to the 1550, but looking on the UK Ibanez site it looks as the the 1550's have been stopped being made as well, does anyone know anything about this?

Another thing, how do i tell from what year my RG is made from the serial number and how good are the V7's and V8's in relation to Evo's. I was gonna change all of the pickups to Evos, but they are so expensive, will it be worth it.

Can anyone tell me anything about the above issues?

Cheers, Alan May Vai
8)
Cacophony

Hmm they still have the 1550 on the ibanez website, on the UK section. Anyway check www.ibanezrules.com and there is a guide that tells you what year the ibanez was made/where it was made etc. Hope this helps :).

Btw, welcome to the forum.
Rudee

Alan_MAY_VAI wrote:Hey guys this is my first post. I have recently bought a RG550 and i know that this is the previous model to the 1550, but looking on the UK Ibanez site it looks as the the 1550's have been stopped being made as well, does anyone know anything about this?

Another thing, how do i tell from what year my RG is made from the serial number and how good are the V7's and V8's in relation to Evo's. I was gonna change all of the pickups to Evos, but they are so expensive, will it be worth it.

Can anyone tell me anything about the above issues?

Cheers, Alan May Vai
8)

Just swap out the bridge and neck pickups, keeping the stock single coil.
GGGrev

Or go with a full DiMarzio-weapon-of-death! :twisted:
Texter

There are many pup-related threads on Jemsite. Evos won't make your RG sound like a Jem (completely different neck and usually lesser wood) but it'll rip through any mix like a knife through butter. Great soloing pups. 8) You'll find them to lack low-end...compensatable with EQ.
Cacophony

You can give me the old 550 trem if your not needing it ;).
Heinous
Newcomer

Alan_MAY_VAI wrote: but looking on the UK Ibanez site it looks as the the 1550's have been stopped being made as well, does anyone know anything about this?
Arrrrggghhhh!
I just looked and yep, they're no longer on the site.

So, Mr Ibanez, what do us Wizard neck/maple fingerboard folks buy????
Hello Warmoth, I guess.