JEM 7VWH...what´s that shit??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
NOT!!!

no, sorry, not another one ;).

Well, I gave it back to the shop right now and they´ll end it back to Ibanez Germany to look what´s going on!

I now think it´s fat knife Edges, that also was the first thing Ibanez told me, and these symptomes on Ibanez rules just describe the ones I have!

I would look myself, but removing the edge is warranty things and so on :roll: ...and while I have these 2 weeks to get my money back I won´t touch anything ;).

Well, I hope they can fix it, because this guitar really got it!

I´m no more frustrated now...
miker

Yah. That's what warranties are for...

Glad you got more peace of mind. They should be able to fix it or send you a new one that works.

I would be very surprised if you didn't end up with a guitar that works.
NOT!!!

GTR-MAN wrote: Go to Rich's site ibanezrules.com , he knows all about Ibanez guitars and guitar set ups in particular. He can help you figure out what your problem and solution is. He's a nice guy and usaully quick to reply. Good luck.
well, at least he wasn´t rude, he told me very nice he won´t help me, because I didn´t buy the guitar from him...
NOT!!!

miker wrote: I would be very surprised if you didn't end up with a guitar that works.

me too ;)
GTR-MAN

Well hopefully if enough people send them back, maybe Ibanez will realize they need to make sure their flagship guitars perform that way and not cheap out on locking studs and make sure knife edges are properly filed.

I hope you get a Jem that works properly soon. They are awesome when they stay in tune. Good luck !
Allen Garrow

Don't get me wrong I love my Ibanez's but the company has really got its head shuffed up someones arse possibly each others. The last few years it's been apparent they are all about the money. Duh,,it's a big company,,,but it just seems that the entire company all the way up the flag pole has this "couldn't careless attitude". It would take every Jem owner in the world to send back the 05 stock on VWH to get anyones attention.....

~A
Lucky

A thread like this is a prime example of why using Rich Harris is a good idea. He makes sure the guitar is 100% perfect before he sends the thing out.
Allen Garrow

Lucky is right I do suggest Rich as a great means of buying a guitar that will come to all ready trouble shot for issues. I was really hoping that this Trem post thing was a non issue and that all the hype was just that "hype". But it's beginning to sound like it is an issue. I had hoped that the only problem was just a flat spot on your knife edge and not a trem post issue. If anything I would have thought that the trem post issue would be an issue after a long time of trem abuse. For what it cost to get rid of the trem post locking feature by Ibanez seems like it was a silly deletion in what is in my opinion a state of the art trem system. It's not like the trem post won't work on the new Edge trems. It's just a matter of installing it,,,everything is the same just one locks and the other doesn't. Doesn't make any sense that they would delete something like that, when it was apparently felt to be needed by someone?

~A
NOT!!!

well, I could set up the guitar myself, now that I know it´s possibly fat knife edges...but I´ll loose warranty if I do!

So I sent it back and let them do it! If it doesn´t work, money back and diffrent shop!

But Rich won´t work, he lives in the USA and I´m in germany! I have to pay taxes and whatnot! I also know that many guitars get lost in shipping, who´s gonna pay for that?
Cesar Huesca

I think this is a common problem on floyd rose guitars, some may have the problem really severe, some may have the problem almost seemless but the problem is generally always there after a while of using.
I was broking my head thinking in the final solution to fix that issue, the problem seems to arise when the posts that holds the base of the tremolo start to getting "cutted" by the edges/knives of the base, this causes the tremolo to not work properly, also be sure that the angle of the tremolo is 100% parallel with the body surface and the locking nut is in good conditions.
I shut down the problem by using the Hipshot Tremsetter system, this system keeps the tremolo as a fixed one while you don't use the tremolo arm, the system gets in action when you pull/press the whammy bar and the tremolo always has its "0 resistance" when the bar is not in use and shpuld get back to that point even after the wildest whammy bar movements.
It is not that easy to install, if you're not sure about how to do it then look for somebody who does.
I've it installed on my JEM7VSBL and my RG2020XTLB since I installed those systems in both guitars I haven't had any problems with tuning and stability.
I don't know if there exist the Ibanez Backstop yet, thats another option for that problem.

Regards.

Cesar.
Last edited by Cesar Huesca on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOT!!!

you wont believe it...I got it back, no scratches or dings with a new Edge Pro and it just stays in tune to let´s say 98.5 %!

I think I´m gonna buy the locking studs and do some of this glue on it and it´ll be 100 %! Well it´s really good, I just hear a very very slightly diffrence and you know, I can tune my guitar exactly to 440hz by ear (I don´t know where I learned that ;)).

But now I´m happy and this is definately the best guitar I´ve ever played, no joke! And I had a lot...
Cesar Huesca

NOT!!! wrote:you wont believe it...I got it back, no scratches or dings with a new Edge Pro and it just stays in tune to let´s say 98.5 %!

I think I´m gonna buy the locking studs and do some of this glue on it and it´ll be 100 %! Well it´s really good, I just hear a very very slightly diffrence and you know, I can tune my guitar exactly to 440hz by ear (I don´t know where I learned that ;)).

But now I´m happy and this is definately the best guitar I´ve ever played, no joke! And I had a lot...
Well, congratulations for having fixed the issue!!! :)

Have you just noticed you can tune your guitar to 440Hz by ear suddenly???

You may have perfect pitch dude!!! I do!!! :wink:
Many people think I'm a freak becuase of that :mrgreen:

Regards.

Cesar.
Last edited by Cesar Huesca on Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Garrow

NOT, Glad you got things rolling again. That can be a bitch man,,, I too have obsessed over what seemed to be minor stuff. But no matter if your ear is saying "oh my god Please fix it". Then it doesn't matter, you gotta get it fixed. I've broken guitars that have pushed me past that limit of reason. I had a UV777GR that decided one day it wasn't going to let me tune the high E for nothing. I did everything right, set up procedures and even called in the big guns at the Jemsite to help me maybe see what I may have missed. Nothing... it tweaked,,,I tweaked harder and it flew out the studio door into the hall way head first and broke the scarf joint. You don't want to ever take it to that extreme. It will make you cry.
I'm glad you are now enjoying that white jem. That has got to be the most amazing Jem ever. I had one her name was "Dita" had to sell her to make ends meet. That guitar had a few issues at first but once it was on it was like "Gods voice". That is one of those guitars that I will forever miss.

Enjoy man!
~A
NOT!!!

well, I´m glad I could control myself when getting angry with such things ;). But thinking of throwing a guitar away is no mistake...

I don´t think I have perfect pitch, I can´t sing you an A if you want me to or an E...well, I think this has to be practised, I also never tried ;). But I know somebody who can! He´s up to 442hz!

I´m also a lucky guy! I´m glad I don´t have the perfect pitch! Just imagine if you have your PERFECT pitch at 441 hz and listen to music at 440hz (which is mostly the case)....you´re dying!