YO VICTOR!!!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
aalloca

YO VICTOR!!!!

#1 Post by aalloca » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:53 am

I was watching the Montreax Jazz Fest last night on Trio in NYC, and Bela Fleck & the Flecktones were on. Anyway I am a huge Vic fan from his first solo album A show of hands that was done with no overdubs.

Saw and met him @ the old Wetlands. Have most of his solo stuff.

I was reading here about best bassist's.. Now I don't like to get into that who's better but someone said that Vic was too over the top.

From the set last night he was anything but over the top on the pieces that required a deep groove, he went off later in the set.

This is the guy that Vai should play with. He is a music fan, virtuoso, and has the technical skills to push Vai to another level.

The same way Vai is beyond explanation, Vic is not of this earth. Check out his version of Norweigan Wood....

Sorry for the rant.

jmchambers5

#2 Post by jmchambers5 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:04 pm

"You can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket."

Yea dude, Vic is the man.

weapon

#3 Post by weapon » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:05 pm

He's a lot more advanced than Billy Sheehan, no doubt! :!:

jmchambers5

#4 Post by jmchambers5 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:41 pm

Not a big Sheehan fan? :wink:

weapon

#5 Post by weapon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:54 pm

jmchambers5 wrote:Not a big Sheehan fan? :wink:
I love how people like to make their own assumptions on this board without any forethought. Brilliant. :roll: I never said I wasn't a Sheehan fan. I think he's one of the most gifted rock players out there. However, Vic would school him. If you've ever seen live footage of his bass shreddage, you would agree.

shader

#6 Post by shader » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:40 pm

billy sheehan has the worst bass tone ever

Roy Boy

#7 Post by Roy Boy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:49 am

I just think bass should be really rich, thick and booming, just reasonably substantial, but for me how Billy has his tone set up I just get the feeling that its a bit...tinny? Kind of airy sounding for mine.

jmchambers5

#8 Post by jmchambers5 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:01 am

weapon wrote:
I love how people like to make their own assumptions on this board without any forethought. Brilliant. :roll: I never said I wasn't a Sheehan fan. I think he's one of the most gifted rock players out there. However, Vic would school him. If you've ever seen live footage of his bass shreddage, you would agree.
Whoa there man, I wasn't making any assumptions. I was asking a question. I don't like Billy Sheehan at all. I think he would be great...if he was a guitar player. I totally agree that Vic is a superior player.

Cool your jets there turbo, no reason to get defensive.

And you find one more board on the internet where people don't make their own assumptions, and let me know. This is by far the most good natured forum I've ever been a member of.

Melodic Dreamer

#9 Post by Melodic Dreamer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:23 am

shader wrote:billy sheehan has the worst bass tone ever
+1

Sheehan is what he is. a rock bass player. Victor on the other hand is freaking amazing is many styles. The other Victor is great too. "Victor Baily"

Do we have any Adam Nitti or Rick Fierabracci fans here??

weapon

#10 Post by weapon » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:01 pm

jmchambers5 wrote:
weapon wrote:
Whoa there man, I wasn't making any assumptions. I was asking a question. I don't like Billy Sheehan at all. I think he would be great...if he was a guitar player. I totally agree that Vic is a superior player.

Cool your jets there turbo, no reason to get defensive.

And you find one more board on the internet where people don't make their own assumptions, and let me know. This is by far the most good natured forum I've ever been a member of.
blah blah blah. :roll:

Youngshredder

#11 Post by Youngshredder » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:30 pm

me and my Bass guitar is such a great song.

ricardo_impellitteri

#12 Post by ricardo_impellitteri » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:17 pm

that Victor, patea culos, i mean kicks ass