Seeing Dream Theater and Queensryche woo hoo

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Junebughunter

Seeing Dream Theater and Queensryche woo hoo

#1 Post by Junebughunter » Tue May 13, 2003 5:24 pm

I think this is the right forum...if not move it mods...

Anyway July 25th I am going to see Dream Theater with Quensryche at Humphrey's By The Bay in San Diego. I have 4th row dinner seats on the right side (Petrucci's side) I am so excited. This will be my second time seeing them. It is gonna be awesome...Anyone else going to this concert?

Speaking of concerts Augest 11th I am going to see Bjork at the Hollywood Bowl as well, but the crowd around here is probably much smaller for her.

templing

#2 Post by templing » Wed May 14, 2003 8:05 am

frist time i saw DT was in cleveland in a sm hall like mabye 250 people or so we were ealry (real early )but the club owner were cool and let us hang out before the bar really opened and the band was in there doing sound check and eating ,and just hanging out so i got to hang with them and see a great show from 5 ft away. was a great show so damn tight was a good nite :D

Junebughunter

#3 Post by Junebughunter » Wed May 14, 2003 10:26 am

Yeah Last time I saw them there mix was so so :wink:

Satch played after they did and his mix was CD-Quality...absolutly amazing

You know, james LaBrie can over sing occasionally, but when I saw him in person, you realize it's not that processed and stuff on CD's that is his Voice and it is POWERFUL!!!

Word

#4 Post by Word » Wed May 14, 2003 5:58 pm

I'll be there in Orlando.

drummerboy
Newcomer

#5 Post by drummerboy » Tue May 27, 2003 6:36 am

First time I saw them was at the Astoria, London, last October. I stood about 3 metres infront of Petrucci, and was blown away by the man.

I'm a bit pissed off that they're not touring with Queensryche/Fates Warning over to the UK yet. But I'm sure they will next year when the new album emerges...! :D