FIRST RECORD YOU OWNED?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
shacks

Mine is The Pinnochio album! Bought for me when I was about five. :lol:

shacks
Reaper

Beach Boys- Endless Summer
First CD was Doc Severinsen and the Tonight Show Band, vol. II
summer_sky

the first of my very own albums bought with my own hard-earned money were Black Sabbath 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and Carly Simon 'No Secrets'. the next albums i bought a couple of weeks later were Led Zeppelin 'IV', Jethro Tull 'Aqualung' and Rod Stewart 'Every Picture Tells A Story'.
lol, i liked lots of different kinds of music from a very young age..... still do 8)
bernt
Newcomer

Kiss - Dressed to Kill
Led Zeppelin - II
Black Sabath - Sabbath bloody Sabbath
shacks

I dont believe all these very cool albums were your first record that you owned!!?? You never had records when you were VERY young? Those records that you want to forget??!! This is not the who's first record is the coolest competion! :lol:

shacks
bernt
Newcomer

LOL ... :lol: true !

those 3 was my first ..... but ofcourse I listened to my sisters albums .... but I don't count'em as mine hehe.....
summer_sky

shacks wrote:I dont believe all these very cool albums were your first record that you owned!!?? You never had records when you were VERY young? Those records that you want to forget??!! This is not the who's first record is the coolest competion! :lol:

shacks
who the heck are you doubting, shacks? i'm serious about my first albums.... and they were real vinyl, too! lol

i forget exactly which ones i bought next... probably Alice Cooper or Queen or Foghat .... i dunno, i lose track after the very first few...

btw, i do not count my Mom's 45 rpm collection as mine.... but, it was my Mom who taught me the pleasures of music, recorded and on the radio, and at the age of about 4 or 5 i could handle her vinyl singles without getting scrarches and fingerprints on them :D 8)
GuitarStrings

If you are talking about cds, my first 3 cds(because I bought them in a box) are Mozart piano concertos. What a beautiful music. Absolute beauty.
summer_sky

GuitarStrings wrote:If you are talking about cds, my first 3 cds(because I bought them in a box) are Mozart piano concertos. What a beautiful music. Absolute beauty.
i've got lots of Mozart in my music cabinet..... you are right, GuitarStrings, Mozart's piano concertos are nothing less than beautiful.

are you into a lot of classical? is this why Mozart was your first music purchase?
lucky7

I remember a Chipmunks album, but that could have been my older sister's.
The first couple I remember buying is Back to the Future Soundtrack and Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet.
Incidently the only Vinyl I have left is Joe Satriani Not of this Earth with the original cover, Steve Vai Flexable, Joe Satriani 12" Single, I Believe and last but not least Steve Vai Passion & Warfare 8) :D
SPDMTL

First vinyl was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath then,
Aerosmith "Toys" then,
Ted Nugent "Double Live Gonzo" :wink:
Great stuff!!

P.S. Oh yeah, almost forgot, first CD was Blizzard Of Oz
Ricardo

I have vague memories of Christmas songs, dinosaur stories, and scary stories for Halloween on record. But the first music record I remember spinning all the time singing along while jumping up and down on the bed was Chipmunk Rock. Then I got Kiss Alive II and Quiet Riot.

Richard
Radio Ga Ga

... :D nice post....mine first two vinyl have been, Madonna: Into the groove and Mick Jagger/David Bowie: Dancing in the street....

8) 8) 8)
Simon

The first stuff I remember hearing was Floyd's The Wall, John Lennon's Shaved Fish and a bunch of Warner Bros Cartoon records such as 'I'm Glad That I'm Bugs Bunny'!

First album I owned was Michael Jackson's Bad (when I was about ten) in which I was instantly drawn to the Jennifer Batten guitar stuff in Dirty Diana (was it Jennifer Batten? I think so, it was cool anyway.)

First singles I owned were TURTLE Power by the Ninja Turtles and Leave Me Alone by Michael Jackson.

The first album I actually brought for myself was Sparkle and Fade by Everclear when I was about 15.
shacks

First single I bought was the Ghostbusters theme by Ray Parker Jnr. "Busting makes me feel good" !

shacks

Oh yeah I also bought Paul Macartney 'Pipes Of Peace' single which I think was also around that time too.