TOOL

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
I ZoSo I

10,000 days is pretty good, but like The Wolf said, the vocals were to muddy and seemed way back in the mix. I had to look up the lyrics online because I could barely understand him.
Bennett

Mikey wrote:
The Wolf wrote:maybe they have personal meaning, but they don't really say much, at least as much as they did on Lateralus. Seriously, I love Lateralus, I could go on and on about it, but 10,000 days just really didn't do it for me. I think it was probably the lousy production that initially got me, and then as I sat through it a couple times, and read the interviews with the band, it felt like this album was just stroking their egos.
Can't disagree more.

The album production is awesome.

Lyrics are also awesome.

Hey Bennet - did you see them in Oz recently?

Mikey
vai.com
Haha no! I didn't go see them because Muse were on the same night (also their show sold out in like 10 seconds lol)
Theyre coming back later in the year for a bigger tour - can't wait :D
It was meant to be awesome
ClarkyNZ

I've seen TOOL live here in NZ twice, and they absolutely rocked on both sonic and visual fronts. Their albums are definitely taking rock in an interesting direction... let there be many more!
litlgrnman

Just found out yesterday that TOOL is playing just down the road in Council(tucky) Bluffs, IA at the Mid-America Center May 12th!!! I'm so pumped!!!! It's a Sat night show in a smallish venue (10,000) and it's gonna F'n ROCK!!!

:headbang
cnc74

I was just checking the dates for the Tool tour. I was hoping there would be a date here in Boston, but nothing yet. I may head to NJ for the show in June. I've never seen them live. I'm pretty excited about it. I hear great things about them live
The Wolf

oh yeah, they put on a great live show.
litlgrnman

cnc74 wrote:I was just checking the dates for the Tool tour. I was hoping there would be a date here in Boston, but nothing yet. I may head to NJ for the show in June. I've never seen them live. I'm pretty excited about it. I hear great things about them live
2007 12 Jul Boston, MA US Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

:mrgreen:
ClarkyNZ

The first time I saw tool was sooooo long ago....

Here's a dudes review of the night; http://toolshed.down.net/tour/spring97/970402.html
Breeder

just to add my little voice to growing tool army

:guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar
GuitarStrings

I have literally EVERYTHING Tool has released and own many many t-shirts... LOL

:headbang