What Marshall Amp should i get?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
u2

What Marshall Amp should i get?

#1 Post by u2 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:37 am

I am a beginner and what Marshall amp should i get if i got only $100 singapore dollars.

Are the micro amps of any good?

Lake of desire

#2 Post by Lake of desire » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:55 am

The micro amps are extremely useful if you happen to like listening to bees buzzing away in an empty matchbox. :lol: I suggest that you get an 8" valvestate (VS15 or the like). It's the best in that price range when it comes to delivering decent distortion.

cho_888

#3 Post by cho_888 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:08 am

yes go for the valve state, i ahve a larger avt100 and its great with digital effects and all. But all together they are a smooth range of amps.

W/Bar
Newcomer

#4 Post by W/Bar » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:04 pm

Depends, if you're looking for the amp you'll take to the grave....rob a bank. If you want a small practising combo you can take to jams a VS15 wouldn't be too bad but an AVT20 is probably *and I quote from the Marhsall magazine a la Jerry Horton [Papa Roach]* "The best sounding small combo I've heard" I've also got an AVT100 combo. The digital FX are surprisingly good for such a poor FX manufacturer and for bog standard amp attache to boot. But the fact that it has 10 different reverbs that sound almost the same at low-medium volumes is chaffing. Good solid range of amps though.

Snake

Re: What Marshall Amp should i get?

#5 Post by Snake » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:37 pm

u2 wrote:I am a beginner and what Marshall amp should i get if i got only $100 singapore dollars.

Are the micro amps of any good?
GET A CARVIN MTS 3200

jmchambers5

#6 Post by jmchambers5 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:29 am

W/Bar wrote:Depends, if you're looking for the amp you'll take to the grave....rob a bank. If you want a small practising combo you can take to jams a VS15 wouldn't be too bad but an AVT20 is probably *and I quote from the Marhsall magazine a la Jerry Horton [Papa Roach]* "The best sounding small combo I've heard" I've also got an AVT100 combo. The digital FX are surprisingly good for such a poor FX manufacturer and for bog standard amp attache to boot. But the fact that it has 10 different reverbs that sound almost the same at low-medium volumes is chaffing. Good solid range of amps though.
yea, but thats from the marshall magazine, so take that for what it's worth.

QuickLicks&HotSticks
Newcomer

For the money......

#7 Post by QuickLicks&HotSticks » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:12 pm

A hundred bucks won't buy you much, but if you like distortion, try the Fender 25R. If you want to get something that you can go full range with I recommend a Yamaha DS-60 with a Digitech RP-50 Modeling Processor. It's like having 5 different guitars and 12 different amps all in one. Trust me, you won't be sorry. 8) Plus it's totally programmable with 40 factory presets, from steel to space, this pup's got it!!!