"Repairing" Nylon strings

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
u2

Sigh...i lost my metal tech pick...the one with 3 holes....so i used this weird looking piece of metal which broke off my prefect tie pin...i used it after awhile , i discovered i damaged the High E nylon strings and now they are all fuzzy....help..my bros gonna kill me...how do i trim all the sharp pokey things out of the string? :roll:
SPDMTL

Come on, man, spend the $0.20 and buy a new string!!!!! :P
u2

Umm...i never bought strings before.....strings can be bought individualy and as a pack?
Snake

Dude, get an entire new pack of D'adderio classical string hard tension.
Melodic Dreamer

here is a question. I have this cheap classical guitar. I can only tune it between C# and D and if I try and go any further it starts to break strings. Why???? :(
TPR
Newcomer

Melodic Dreamer: Are you trying to tune the guitar an octave too high? Strings don't break that easily. Or maybe there is a sharp part in the guitar that cuts the string?
Lake of desire

Aaaah... the "let's hear what it sounds like if I tune the whole damn thing an octave higher" -experiment. Yep, I did that when I was young and had no clue. Miraculously enough, I learned my lesson after the first string broke. :lol:
GuitarStrings

that's weird...
The only chance for me to break a high E string is when I grab the guitar by its whammy bar, like Steve did in his videos.
tim_knox

yah there is really now way to break that E string from trying to tune it to E unless it is an octave higher or you slapped on a killer trem system on your classical guitar!! :twisted:
u2

One of question...my tech pick have got 3 holes on it....any idea whats it for?
GuitarStrings

u2 wrote:One of question...my tech pick have got 3 holes on it....any idea whats it for?
I use them to hang the pick on my neck. :lol:
u2

great subsitute for necklaces...hmm...i should try it.... 8)