Lovin' Justified!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
F#Minor

Bought the Justin Timberlake album the other day to see what the fuss was all about. Have only given it one spin but wow its pretty cool. I love the energy of it all. Not to mention the harmony and rhythm on it - really slick stuff!

Gotta learn some of those tunes...
davester1234

I am amazed that there is another guitar player out there who digs that album!

it is really great isn't it?

Too bad most guitar players dismiss it as crapola before they hear it. Some really great tunes and rhythms on that album. :)
IbanezRules

Greg Howe is Justin Timberlaks guitarist

thats maybe the reason why it sounds so good :D
playnoevil777

I also love that record,and I didn't know Howe was his axman,that;s interesting.I also kinda' like Beyonce's new cd.
guitar_love

yeah i like justins stuff aswelll, he is a class dancer 2(not as gd as micheal-but gd)

justins got a nice groove to his songs

fox 8)
Viper

Yeah I'm another one who can admit to liking his album.

Don't think Greg Howe plays with Justin anymore though, but I do remember he played with *NSYNC (Another band I was surprisingly drawn to!)

As for the comment on justin being a class dancer... he's okay :wink:
Couldn't say the same for his beatboxing though...
Vegas_Blues

Yeah.....
Justin is really talented, I really dig his music.
Its a regualr in my CD player and in between sets at my shows.
Mr. Canadian

I have it too! It's VERY well done. Aguilera's Stripped is good stuff too!
Folks always dismiss pop music without actually sitting down and REALLY listening to the stuff! It's always the case, I don't know how many times i've heard some pompous knucklehead going off on how the current state of music sucks and how everyone is brainwashed to like this stuff and all that kinda ridiculous nonsense, meanwhile that haven't even really listened to ANY of the albums, some of which are totally remarkable. Of course, some pop isn't the greatest! But you get that with ANY genre of music as well, i don't care if it's avante garde, jazz, classical or whatever category!

later.
earthh

Christina is a great singer and Justin is good too, but thet don't write their own material do they?
Carlo de Dios

I hate Justified out of spite.....because I can't betray my Britney...hehe
shader

*hates both of them and their music* :lol:

Christina is a realy good singer, but her music sucks IMO.
davester1234

earthh wrote:Christina is a great singer and Justin is good too, but thet don't write their own material do they?

believe it or not, justin was supposed to have a had a REAL part in the making of his album. From composing, to playing some instrumentation, to producing.

-Now-
EVERY pop act out there makes those claims, but my gut tells me that there may be some more to his claims to involvment than someone like *britney's*...whose involvment probably begins and ends with her whining about which of the 50 selected mailed-in and pre-recorded songs she likes the groove of best (of course, her picks probably never make the cut, because well, that's up to someone else). you can tell Justin's a musical guy, and you can tell he dedicates himself to his shiznit, and not just doing what they give him. Although, i do feel that's what probably happened in n'sync, but I guess that came with the territory

It's a given the guy can sing well, and do so while going absolutely INSANE on stage dancing and whatnot. You can tell he's really singing, because you often hear mistakes, and the types of sounds you'd expect when the human body gets tired, like shortness of breath, some pitch waiver, etc...especially when doing spins and things *unlike ms. spears, who absolutely NEVER falters in her quote unquote live, even while doing the most complex dance routines and the most elaborate vocal riffs :roll:* She can even sing while drinking a cup of water. Geez, its SO obvious that she has NOTHING to do with her music besides standing up there and lip synching it. it's so obvious that it hurts to watch...it's like watching 'corporate music'... a well oiled (excuse the pun) money making machine that has nothing to do with music.)

as for Christina, I think she's awesome, AMAZING voice for a thin girl like that. As much as I like her, I do however get the feeling she doesn't quite have that 'musicality' like Justin does. Justin may not be as good a singer, but he can form and adapt to pretty much anything...which is a sign of musicality. Either way, I feel both improve the POP genre at least a bit in their own way.
Carlo de Dios

Justin is cool and all but he really needs to stop doing that beatbox thing....it's soooo stupid...lol :lol:
davester1234

Carlo de Dios wrote:Justin is cool and all but he really needs to stop doing that beatbox thing....it's soooo stupid...lol :lol:

hehe, I know a certain 10 year old girl who thinks its sexy!

LOL!
earthh

Thanks Davester :wink: Good post dude.