why Alcatrazz kicked Yngwie out and replaced with Vai?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
the guitarist

why Alcatrazz kicked Yngwie out and replaced with Vai?

#1 Post by the guitarist » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:57 am

any info?what happend to them?

Jack Butler
Newcomer

#2 Post by Jack Butler » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:55 am

Alcatrazz didn't kick Yngwie out. He left the band to pursue a solo career.

GuitarMaster1962

#3 Post by GuitarMaster1962 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:00 pm

According to what was posted in this site, Yngwie was fired from Alcatrazz.

Jack Butler
Newcomer

#4 Post by Jack Butler » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:50 am

Nah, he quit to do the "Rising Force" thing. Alcatrazz wouldn't have fired Yngwie ... he was the only reason anyone had ever heard of them. I do love "Disturbing the Peace" though. Looking forward to the live album release. :D

guitar_fan

#5 Post by guitar_fan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:58 pm

yngwie did not want to stay in the band at the first place, the only reason he's in alcatrazz was just to make his name big in the us. he had it all planned out back in sweden. he was going become famous in the us by himself first and would bring his whole band over from sweden, which was the rising force. so that they'd have better start in a foriegn country

i got this out of an interview of himself in a guitar magazine :mrgreen:

Crash
Newcomer

#6 Post by Crash » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:17 am

Do any of you guys remember the band before Alcatrazz called Steeler? That was my first encounter with Malmsteen's playing that dropped my jaw. I believe Ron Keel was on vocals if I recall and I think this one of Mike Varney's first band in the whole Shrapnel picture. I could be wrong on the Varney info. but it seems that was how I remembered it. This was back in '83 or so so it has been a few years. I remember reading about Malmsteen's "grand plan" to get famous so he could bring over his band buddies from his homeland and do his solo thing.

Here is a link to the album cover of Steeler. Malmsteen was a lot skinnier back in the day.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=462

Crash