Jazzers and Rockers are the worst Drivers!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Big Bad Bill

I was on the radio yesterday talking about this new study that suggests driving is affected by the music you listen to in your car! The whole thing kicks off at 15minutes 45sec after INXS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00lwt4n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't have a very manly voice, do I?
metalus

lol ive heard about the type of music you listen while you drive does affect your driving skills. i watched a program once where they played rock, dance, classical to differant drivers, and they had to negotiate cones etc. but the results were a bit or hit and miss, as it came across depending on what sort of person you are as well. so for instance a chav who listens to dance and r&b drives faster than an old women who listens to motown.
Big Bad Bill

Had I had a little warning they were going to call me I'd've read the report. What strikes me is that people's musical tastes probably fits in with there personality types. You're not likely to find drug-taking, misogynistic, homophobic (inference being they are more likely to drive erratically and even break the law) person listening mainly to opera nor are you likely to find a neuroscientist/anatomist (inference being I'm...I mean... they are risk aversive, stay within the law and follow the rules) listen to heavy metal, Steve Vai and a bit of death metal, so unless you control for this spurious result may ensue.
sonny sixshooter

Wasn't there something about country music being the genre that was connected to the highest number of violent acts? Or am I making something up here?

I do remember reading about a British a few years back that stated, among other things, that metal fans are more intelligent than the average person. And we all want to believe that, right?

(But find a link to it? No such luck)
Big Bad Bill

sonny sixshooter wrote:Wasn't there something about country music being the genre that was connected to the highest number of violent acts? Or am I making something up here?
Research for this conclusion isn't required. We all know they're all a bunch of alcoholic, wife-beatin' red necks! Its a universal constant like...like....I was going to say the speed of light but of course, tachyonic neutrinos and all that....anyway yee haa, "The devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for a soul to steal, He was in a bind 'cos he was way behind and he was willin' to make a deal....."
sonny sixshooter wrote:I do remember reading about a British a few years back that stated, among other things, that metal fans are more intelligent than the average person. And we all want to believe that, right?(But find a link to it? No such luck)
That was me in a PM to you (there were a couple of exclusions to the hypothesis) :wink: It must be true because its in print.
R1FSR

cheesecake lol
sonny sixshooter

Big Bad Bill wrote:
sonny sixshooter wrote:I do remember reading about a British a few years back that stated, among other things, that metal fans are more intelligent than the average person. And we all want to believe that, right?(But find a link to it? No such luck)
That was me in a PM to you (there were a couple of exclusions to the hypothesis) :wink: It must be true because its in print.
Well, I did remember something right! And yes, in print = true