PRE-ORDER SIGNED SATCH CD!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
shacks

Pre-order new Satch CD Black Swans And Wormhole Wizards. You can a get signed copy here...

http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/joe-sat ... ls/5602126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and its open to international customers!!

Cheers

shacks
R1FSR

CHEERS for the heads up shacks m8,
how are you not spoke for a looong time you still in ireland ?
bennyvx78

You know what, Im just gonna say it...I have a good feeling 'bout this album.
Super colassal was the last cd I bought, But I think that black swans and wormhole wizards is
going to be a great album aswel.
R1FSR

My new album "Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards" is mixed, mastered and ready to go! It's got 11 new instrumental tracks featuring yours truly on guitars, with Jeff Campitelli on drums, Allen Whitman on bass and Mike Keneally on keys. I love this new record, and I know you will too!

There is a very cool CD pre-rder/concert ticket campaign as well, see below for more details of this cool option.

Our European tour kicks off in October, and our North American dates just went up too! We've got a new show planned, and will be taking requests from SATRIANI.COM, so, got to T2J and let us know what your favorite live songs are.
Diconaxes
Newcomer

R1FSR wrote:
My new album "Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards" is mixed, mastered and ready to go! It's got 11 new instrumental tracks featuring yours truly on guitars, with Jeff Campitelli on drums, Allen Whitman on bass and Mike Keneally on keys. I love this new record, and I know you will too!

There is a very cool CD pre-rder/concert ticket campaign as well, see below for more details of this cool option.

Our European tour kicks off in October, and our North American dates just went up too! We've got a new show planned, and will be taking requests from SATRIANI.COM, so, got to T2J and let us know what your favorite live songs are.
I oredered. I would love to hear Big Bad Moon live. Thank you.

Todd
lydian2000

bennyvx78 wrote:You know what, Im just gonna say it...I have a good feeling 'bout this album.
Super colassal was the last cd I bought, But I think that black swans and wormhole wizards is
going to be a great album aswel.
The soundclip on satch's site still does not convince me, more of the same(insert basic binary "clap"-audience participation-/paste some "good ole/same ole ROCK" bluesy licks/paste this/cut that)

If I hear some more, especially if Keneally had some creative input, I might even buy it for the first time in years, but the first clip...humm, well, time will tell.

:peace
Bryceybhoy

Website clip sounds like the usual cool drum beat, standard bass line, rhythm guitar part followed by wah wah, repeat for three bars, stop, repeat for three bars in higher octave, blues solo, finish.

Love the guy, think he's a wonderful guitar player but I'm not convinced he's doing anything completely NEW.

Pity.
MikeB7070

the last Satch release I bought was Strange Beautiful Music, so I'm kind of with the "wish he would try something different" crowd. That being said, pre-ordered this one in the hopes that his time with Chickenfoot shake up something new. The first single is ok, not super exciting.

The downside is that I see that he is releasing a special edition CD with extra tracks exclusively through Best Buy here in the US, the armpit of the electronics world. it may make him some cash, but I don't buy anything from that hideous store.

Still love Satriani though. :D
lydian7

I really want to love Light Years Away, but the more I listen the more it annoys me. That darn repetitive bassline hardly ever changes, and the chord progressions are so annoyingly static! I think it's a bad move releasing this as a single, makes me wonder what the rest of the album will sound like if this is the best it has to offer.

I really thought that Mike Keneally's creative input would breathe new life in to the Satriani production process. I hope I'm right!