Cacophony(Becker & Friedman)

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Ramma

Basically just wanted to make this post to get some thoughts on them. But how cool would it be if Jason becker & Marty Friedman got together one more time and made one more CD together as Cacophony? It'd be awesome. Well, atleast I think so anyway. I would love a 3rd Cacophony CD. Espically since it's been such a long time since they disbanded, I imagine it'd be their best!

-Ramma :twisted:
Vaituoso777

but jason becker is dead isnt he!!!!!??????
Melodic Dreamer

No he isn't dead yet, but he is still very sick. Here is a link to an interview where Marty is asked this question.
http://www.electricbasement.com/intervi ... ne2003.htm
eyebnez

OOOPPPS :lol:
Last edited by eyebnez on Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bohm

Or check his webiste www.jasonbecker.com for more detailed information.
eyebnez

Jason is still composing though isn't he? I read somwhere that he has a computer program and a assitant that helps him. I could be wrong, I'll try to find the interview.
spcastlemagic

Jason Becker has ALS (otherwise known as Lou Gherig's disease). He still manages to compose and is amazingly upbeat about his life. You should see the interview he did at http://www.metalsludge.com
Texter

Too bad there isn't an enforcable rule to let people think or do any form of EXTREMELY EASY research before posting another completely useless thread about an interesting topic... :?
If you don't know what the name means, well they did it justice and it's a good thing they stopped at the time. :lol: 2 Leadplayers without decent rhythm...OUCH!
Vaituoso777

thats weird... :? i read sumwere that he was dead, i will have to get my facts straight :oops: i knew he was ill( still is)and its amazin he still composes
Ramma

He still composes and is indeed alive. I mean, there really isn't to much of a chance of it happening, I was simply asking how cool it would be. I just think one more record would be nice to see how much they've developed individually since than and try putting them back together. They are still close friends and all, so why not, right? :)

Vaituoso777

I totally agree with you!!! I'm a big fan of cacophony and i think it would be great if they were to do another record, but i thought he was dead so i was just a little confused thats all, sorry
Ramma

Eh, what are you gonna do, right? With the way the internet has become, it's hard to tell fact from fiction.. not on this site though.. Because Mod and Mikey don't allow rumor spreading and what not.. we are lucky to have them.. And go Cacophony :)

IbanezRules

If they get togheter its only gonna be Friedman on guitar. Becker can manage the computer or something :)
That was not funny.. hm. This whole story about Becker is very sad. You guys should check documenary about Jason Becker...
metalgod
Newcomer

i saw the interview on metal sludge and i thought it was awesome! Jason was and is one of the greatest shredders ever I thinks its very cool that he can still compose by the way of the computer. Anyway if you wanna hear some great guitar shredding pick up Speed Metal Symphony, Go Off, Perpetual Burn or any of Marty Friedmans solo stuff its out of this world Metalgod :twisted:
Ramma

I actually just got Blackberry Jams.. for my birthday(dec. 16th).. last minute gift actually.. I'm listening to it now, and I like. It's a shame what happened to Becker. Hopefully he'll get to record some more stuff sooner than later. But it's understandable why he can't. Even if it was just a solo record or Cacophony.. I would love to see some more Becker action. Espically with Friedman, they were quite a combination, dont ya think?