Is there a soul inside musical instruments?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Patill

Jeroen wrote: It says, in short, that quarks cannot be obvserved directly, hence the statement that they are 100% identical is not proven.
ah ok. I know what you mean now. Actually I may have a very good and easy example for this, hope it works :P.

Yes, they can´t be observed, but only because they can´t be seen, doesn´t mean they can´t be detected, tasted, smelled, even heared. You know what I mean? Like with the p h a rmacy pill. Does the same thing every time you take it. And it doesn´t matter if you produce it out of a plant or even a dead pig lying around for 1 year. It always does the same thing, because it is a molecule consisting of a defined structure. As long as you hold on to that defined structure, you can produce it out of whatever you want (of course the atoms in the structure of this molecule have to be inside the thing you want to produce it of^^).

Another thing is: If atoms are each the same 1:1, then everything they consist of is, too. So that would mean Quarks are also the same, otherwise atoms would show a reaction of difference when you work with them.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Patill wrote: Yes, they can´t be observed, but only because they can´t be seen, doesn´t mean they can´t be detected, tasted, smelled, even heared.
I don't disagree with that. Actually, I do, in the sense that they can't be tasted smelled or heard, and I'm pretty sure that a separate quark can't be directly detected either, but that's not the point.

I'm only saying that because we can't see them, study them, dissect them further, we can't be sure that they are all identical or each unique.
Another thing is: If atoms are each the same 1:1, then everything they consist of is, too. So that would mean Quarks are also the same, otherwise atoms would show a reaction of difference when you work with them.
That's also not a conclusion I can draw. Atoms are the same to a certain degree. They may share the same configuration in the amount of electrons etc, but that doesn't mean that they are 100 % identical. Again, we're just not able to 'see' everything yet to support these conclusions.

But then again I question the relevance....

j
Patill

Jeroen wrote: But then again I question the relevance....
well, it just developed :mrgreen:
Matwey

Jeroen wrote:I appreciate your attempt at analogies, but I'm sorry to say I've got a hard time following what you are trying to say.
Then again, I'm not sure how this all contributes to the topic at hand, so..

J
Exactly. Now this thread smells like Slashdot. Funny thing is - about 5 years ago I would say it's rather interesting...
Patill

Matwey wrote:
Jeroen wrote:I appreciate your attempt at analogies, but I'm sorry to say I've got a hard time following what you are trying to say.
Then again, I'm not sure how this all contributes to the topic at hand, so..

J
Exactly. Now this thread smells like Slashdot. Funny thing is - about 5 years ago I would say it's rather interesting...

well you know, it is not easy to explain that all in a decent way if you are a little bit advanced in this area. Everything seems to be important so you tend to talk around too much. I´m really trying to put this into a small text, but usually people learn how to do that (well explain things, like if you were a guitar teacher), but they do also have more time and don´t need to hurt their fingers on the keyboard :x

:wink:
Stephen Brown

"Is there a soul inside musical instruments?"

No but it has character.
notavirtuoso

I don't know why quarks are being discussed as it doesn't need to go that far. Hasn't anyone here seen the Harry Potter movie where the things suck people's souls out through there mouths? You can see the soul, it kind of floats up and has a bright light to it? No need for a microscope. Just grab a video camera and really good crack whore and see if she can suck the soul out of the guitar. Then post it on youtube. Problem solved.
Patill

notavirtuoso wrote:I don't know why quarks are being discussed as it doesn't need to go that far. Hasn't anyone here seen the Harry Potter movie where the things suck people's souls out through there mouths? You can see the soul, it kind of floats up and has a bright light to it? No need for a microscope. Just grab a video camera and really good crack whore and see if she can suck the soul out of the guitar. Then post it on youtube. Problem solved.

Dementors are no crack whores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matwey

Patill wrote:well you know, it is not easy to explain that all in a decent way if you are a little bit advanced in this area. Everything seems to be important so you tend to talk around too much. I´m really trying to put this into a small text, but usually people learn how to do that (well explain things, like if you were a guitar teacher), but they do also have more time and don´t need to hurt their fingers on the keyboard :x

:wink:
Well, thank you for this. Maybe you could help to decode that quantum part of DNA?

notavirtuoso wrote:I don't know why quarks are being discussed as it doesn't need to go that far. Hasn't anyone here seen the Harry Potter movie where the things suck people's souls out through there mouths? You can see the soul, it kind of floats up and has a bright light to it? No need for a microscope. Just grab a video camera and really good crack whore and see if she can suck the soul out of the guitar. Then post it on youtube. Problem solved.
If you read that article about Stradivarius you'll probably see that there's no need for a crack whore. ;)
notavirtuoso

Matwey wrote:
If you read that article about Stradivarius you'll probably see that there's no need for a crack whore. ;)
There will always be a need for crack whores.
Patill wrote:
Dementors are no crack whores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, didn't mean to sell the crack whores short there. :wink:
Matwey

Great... Now it's all about 'is there a soul inside a crack whore'.
Patill

well, it seems to be not more worth than that :mrgreen:

I also think such topics are well designed for fighting, but that´s just my opinion...
Matwey

Patill wrote:I also think such topics are well designed for fighting, but that´s just my opinion...
This topic was originally 'designed' in order to try and understand something -- that's it, dude.
Patill

yes, maybe but such topics always have bitter side taste like religious topics.
Matwey

Patill wrote:yes, maybe but such topics always have bitter side taste like religious topics.
Agree, but we should also face the fact that humanity has grown out of those religious pants. All we have is just lack of true information on what is really real.