Chickenfoot on the Tonight Show

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
GreenMeanie

Did anyone catch their performance? We recorded it on our DVR and just watched it now. It was very good! I havent gotten their CD yet but I will as soon as I can.

Satch gave Conan his guitar and Chad had a shirt on that said I am not Will Ferrel lol

Joanne
al

aye yeah its up on youtube and in Joe's favs's :D good performance...

i got the cd the day it came out and didnt listen to it properly yet! ...some more presale tickets for the shows go on sale tomorrow i believe...

watch out americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

im going to see them June 23rd in Cork :)
GreenMeanie

Awesome! I wish we could get to see them but $$$ is tight right now
lydian2000

"oh!" "yeah!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TT19cB0NTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still don't know what to think about them... I guess I'm not into the whole stadium/Radio/RnR thing anymore.

Chuckled at chad's "I am not Will Ferrell" T-shirt though.

Oh!.............. Yeah!
Chuckbeat Records
Newcomer

meh. it was a bit lame. lets put it this way - if it wasnt joe, mike, chad and sammy, that band would be lucky to get a show in a dive bar!
Instrumentalrockrocks

Chuckbeat Records wrote:meh. it was a bit lame. lets put it this way - if it wasnt joe, mike, chad and sammy, that band would be lucky to get a show in a dive bar!
I'm afraid I have to agree with that...

This is nothing but a simple maybe even a lame guitar riff with one of the lamest entitled songs...

Oh yeah?!?

C'mon guys that is just lame...

Groove On 8)
lydian2000

Chuckbeat Records wrote:meh. it was a bit lame. lets put it this way - if it wasnt joe, mike, chad and sammy, that band would be lucky to get a show in a dive bar!

+3

FYI my "Oh.... yeah" was purely sarcastic, as I also found that whole "let's rock and roll" so forceful... plain awful.
GreenMeanie

I forgot to put that my husband didnt really care for the music :)
boswell

I had a listen on Spotify to album and it's just plain ordinary, sounds like the worst of Van Halen mixed with the worst of Satriani.
al

i dont mind the tunes i don't think its anything special but i still dig it and will give it a whirl gona be an awsome show

jus go with the flow
precario

My thoughts are similar to Al's.

By the way, you reminded me of this great great rhyme: "Go with the flow. It is said. That if you can't groove to this. Then you probably are dead." :)
sap

I think the chickenfoot album is bad ass. So far my fav is down the drain. Chad smith has a great rock sound.
lydian2000

al wrote: jus go with the flow
I can go with the flow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nz6Rq1Pvh0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:headbang
GreenMeanie

al wrote:i dont mind the tunes i don't think its anything special but i still dig it and will give it a whirl gona be an awsome show

jus go with the flow
I agree! :mrgreen: