:shock: 8 year old monster picker on youtube

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Ultraviolet

You and me both,...everyone Loves Frank the Man,...and Frank the Composer.
Just like Steve's material,...Love it or hate it,.. ;) I think we ALL LOVE Stevie's songs though,.......ummmmm where are we???

Writing catchy tunes doesn't take a Berkly degree,....or any set circumstance,...
what helps though,....is if one listens to a variety of music,..and picks a direction mentally,....
Follow your own direction on what you want to hear yourself play,...just for you.

As for the 8 year old Robot-Shredder,......pretty cool novelty, definately. The gimmick is the youngster's age, and for that age, his playing "ABILITY"

Rock on kid,.. young pick pulvarizer

Ultra :)
Last edited by Ultraviolet on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ultraviolet

some of the best songs ever were written effortlessly and in 10-15 min so maybe it is very difficult and/or very easy HOWEVER- it is very difficult to get to a great songwriting level (not if your heart is into it)

i'm not saying yngwie and DT are too technical to be loved however it is too technical to be on the pop charts and played on the same station as Kanye West LadyGaGa Rhianna or Miley Cyrus

Indeed,...lol ha ha,.. which is why I have made stuff suitable for the Airwaives,...and I have made stuff suitable for Love making, ;) petting bumble bees,..cruising the strip,..lying in bed, and up to flying a Jetfighter, and running a chainsaw.. lol I have many modes, so far everyone seems to like most or all of them.

The young kid has shown me one mode,..(Shred) but he does it with MAAAAD proficiency.

Everyone plays for a different reason afterall,.....even if two people give the same reason for playing verbally,...internally and spiritually, it's different for everyone. It's all in WHERE YOU COME FROM in the Universe,...or in Steve's case,....from the Top Apex of Every Guitar Dimensional pyramid of himself, in every parallel Universe, and everywhere at once,......he has been coming from there and the Top of everywhere,..... for a VERY LONG TIME since before he was born... I'm talking Stardust here people,...

Ultra :)