Renowned guitarist who don't use effects

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Fanch

boswell wrote:
Fanch wrote:
boswell wrote:Time after time in magazines, or the internet I read interviews were the "renowned" guitarist claims he's not into effects yet goes on to describe his rig which includes a pedal board and rack full of effects! In addition to which a causal listen to the guys latest album shows it to be awash with flanger, phaser, delay, reverb etc.[qooete="boswell"] Like BBB, you cant name any interviews at this time. Your original claim was their not really into effects...yet goes on blah, blah, blah...
Again, try this one kiddo, name ONE article where "renowned" guitarist claims "he's not really into effects"(as you stated originally) yet goes on to describe numerous effects?
Sound familiar?

I'm sure you can do above: the title of the thread is Renowned quitarist who don't use effects.

The title is Sarcasm a form of irony that is bitter or cutting, being intended to taunt its target. It is first recorded in English in The Shepheardes Calender in 1579.

Now the thing is this a general music discussion forum not a university course so if I can't remember my sources it's no big deal.

The thread was sparked off by reading a Richie Kotzen interview were he stated he didn't really use pedals but then waxed lyrical about the crappy Zoom Signature pedal he now endorses. :roll: note careful and subtle use of rolling eyes smiley as I'm not really into using smilies!

I'm happy you can recall history, yet you can't remember your sources on this thread you started, no big deal in your mind. Thanks for Finally telling the truth and providing ONE artist/ (article: SURE it says I really dont use effects but....), considering you stated you were tired of reading articles(plural) that backs up your original ludicrus claim/statement? :roll: note, careful and obvious use of rolling eyes smiley as I'm not really into using smilies! :D

I'm sure Boswell is not really into using smilies as stated above.> 8)
Big Bad Bill

Fanch wrote:I'm happy you can recall history, yet you can't remember your sources on this thread you started, no big deal in your mind. Thanks for Finally telling the truth and providing ONE artist/ (article: SURE it says I really dont use effects but....), considering you stated you were tired of reading articles(plural) that backs up your original ludicrus claim/statement? :roll: note, careful and obvious use of rolling eyes smiley as I'm not really into using smilies! :D
So every single thread you've started or contributed to on here is backed up with definitive references? Are you really saying that? REALLY? I for one have said I will make note of such references as I come across them. I think you're just upset that several people here have burst your bubble regarding guitarists who lie about the amount of signal processors they use because you believed said guitarists and you don't like the idea of being duped by your idols. Just think about this: Does it really matter that they derive their tones from more than just guitar and amps? Isn't it all about the sound and the music in the end? I'd suggest most of the posters here would say that it doesn't matter. As for being lied to by your musical heroes, well you can resolve your cognitive dissonance by making yourself believe that it was their PR/management people who forced them to say they don't use effects/don't know music theory/are excited by their new band/have stripped back their sound and all jamming in the studio together. :wink:
Breeder

thou shall not use effects BBB, you would do well to remember that
Fanch

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Fanch wrote:I'm happy you can recall history, yet you can't remember your sources on this thread you started, no big deal in your mind. Thanks for Finally telling the truth and providing ONE artist/ (article: SURE it says I really dont use effects but....), considering you stated you were tired of reading articles(plural) that backs up your original ludicrus claim/statement? :roll: note, careful and obvious use of rolling eyes smiley as I'm not really into using smilies! :D
So every single thread you've started or contributed to on here is backed up with definitive references? Are you really saying that? REALLY? I for one have said I will make note of such references as I come across them. I think you're just upset that several people here have burst your bubble regarding guitarists who lie about the amount of signal processors they use because you believed said guitarists and you don't like the idea of being duped by your idols. Just think about this: Does it really matter that they derive their tones from more than just guitar and amps? Isn't it all about the sound and the music in the end? I'd suggest most of the posters here would say that it doesn't matter. As for being lied to by your musical heroes, well you can resolve your cognitive dissonance by making yourself believe that it was their PR/management people who forced them to say they don't use effects/don't know music theory/are excited by their new band/have stripped back their sound and all jamming in the studio together. :wink:
I will hold my breath on 'such' references(present and past: see original post) to this thread. And I'm not talking about other threads/statements. I simply callled out one statement. period.

BBB, you made my point Perfectly concerning the ludicrous original post/statement!!B.B.B.: Just think about this: Does it really matter that they derive their tones from more than just guitar and amps? Isn't it all about the sound and the music in the end? :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could'nt have said it better!

Although we can't comprehend where they derive their tones from I understand, that is a personal mystery/Wonder! Yes!!!! about Music and sound in the end? Yes!!! :D

Please break the news to boswell gently: he will adjust!

Thanks BBB for your words above.

Breeder, you crack me up! "The Bishop"! :)
boswell

Fanch wrote:[

I don't give a shit where/how someone gets their sound just don't like being fed BS.
Fanch

boswell wrote:
Fanch wrote:[

I don't give a shit where/how someone gets their sound just don't like being fed BS.

Just think about this: Does it really matter that they derive their tones from more than just guitar and amps? Isn't it all about the sound and the music in the end?

Your original BS Statement is not being fed to me kiddo. Again, try and see the truth as B.B.B. stated above. Nobody is feeding YOU BS. :lol:
boswell

Yawn..........is that the time?
Fanch

Yawn....according to you, the author of this ludicrous thead, it bloody well is the time.

See above,

oh, that's right....this is all about Sarcasm, according to you, the author of this ludicrous thread!!!! :lol:
Big Bad Bill

Fanch wrote:Yawn....according to you, the author of this ludicrous thead, it bloody well is the time.See above,
oh, that's right....this is all about Sarcasm, according to you, the author of this ludicrous thread!!!! :lol:
I've just reread your posts on this thread, Fanch, and I can see how you've tired to use confusion to undertake a 'u turn' in what can only be describes as your nebulous opinion. All you've asked for are references for the premise of boswell's thread, which some of us have offered to supply when we come across them (we have better things to do that search through old copies of magazines for your benefit, especially when most people can remember such statements they've read themselves). You haven't really contributed to the thread, just been awkward. Now you're agreeing with me and claiming its what you meant all along, when in fact you have said nothing worthy of typing, in my opinion anyway. This is rather a transparent, and dare I say child-like strategy, one that most adults stopped using at the age of 8 years when we realised just how transparent it was! Anyway, I'd suggest everyone looks back at your posts here, just for the sake of a laugh and then we can get back to debating the original idea :roll: Don't be embarrassed to change your opinion in the face of new evidence, Fanch. I personally think its an extremely virtuous thing to do rather than clinging to ill-conceptualised ideas for the sake of ego.
Fanch

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Fanch wrote:Can you mention any of the above interviews were(sp?) the guitarits says "I'm not really into effects"? :roll:
Some genres of music have guitarists that are always saying this usually after saying that they don't know any scales and that music theory stifles creativity! I'll keep an eye out for it in the coming months and let you know.

This is a PRIME example of misdirection: your childish response has NOTHING to do with the original post: speaking of guitarits that don't know any scales and that music theory stifles creativity, READ ORIGINAL POST ! 'I'll keep an eye out for it in the coming months and let you know'. THIS SPEAKS VOLLUMES TOWORDS YOUR INTELELLECTUAL INTELLEGENCE. First of all, you were commenting on the future mainly, you have no clue of the present/past otherwise you would mention an article. BBB, you really have'nt contributed to this thread. Care to mention an article??? Boswell is tired of reading 'them'. I'm tired of hearing about your articles in the coming months as you stated. LOL, why are we tired? BECAUSE THEY NEVER EXSITSED IN THE FIRST PLACE! Drink your coffee, YOU ARE IMPORTANT. Ok, reality, we are the same. If not, you missed a great moment. Either way, no worries. *Big Freakin Ass Wheel-chair Smile* :)

Fanch 1-3 Over

:headbang
Igneousiceman

Ok, I'm lost. What was the aim of this discussion again? :wink:
boswell

Igneousiceman wrote:Ok, I'm lost. What was the aim of this discussion again? :wink:
Outing liars?
Breeder

Igneousiceman wrote:Ok, I'm lost. What was the aim of this discussion again? :wink:
:lol: :lol:

this is crazy...
Fanch

boswell wrote:
Outing liars?

:lol: Exactly, see original post about fictional interviews(yes, plural) that simply don't exist and never will exist: you called it from the start. It takes some stones to lie on an internet forum like this one! :lol:
boswell

I suppose what you are expecting now is for me to stoop down to your level and begin calling you names?