Songs that tear you apart...

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Jenn Pix

OK, we've got the ones that 'blow us up', what about the ones that tear you apart? The ones that just rip you to shreds...

Almost too painful to listen to...
Rush
Red Sector A

The subject is just too much to wrap my head around, and it steals my breath from me and sends me into a panic.
Most times, I have to skip it.

Also from Rush,
The Pass

I lost a few high school friends to suicide, and I always think of them.

Anyone else got the ones that pull out the Heart?
litlgrnman

Piece of My Heart - Keri Noble

Makes me think of my dad.
Big Bad Bill

'Ae Fond Kiss' by Scottish poet, Robert Burns as sung by Eddi Reader. I was just listening to it on my walk home and I had to stop and lean against a wall as tears rolled down my cheeks. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKWHuxljFE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeries

Seven Spanish Angels-
Willy Nelson and Ray Charles.

Its about a husband and wife and the husband has to go to fight in the mexican revolution, she doesnt want him to go, so he runs away-
the rest of the milliary catches up with him to catch him so they shoot him...

and then his wife runs to him grabs his guns and pretends to shoot at the soldiers so they kill her also.
Big Bad Bill

Jeries wrote:Seven Spanish Angels-Willy Nelson and Ray Charles.
Cheery bunch aren't we?

Billy Bragg's 'Space Race is Over' also brings tears to my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbCFNksy ... L&index=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The moon landings just remind me of a time when life was innocent, when there was hope for the future and I still had both my parents...
Breeder

Big Bad Bill wrote:

The moon landings just remind me of a time when life was innocent, when there was hope for the future and I still had both my parents...

A rich man asked a Zen master to write something down that could encourage the prosperity of his family for years to come. It would be something that the family could cherish for generations. On a large piece of paper, the master wrote, "Father dies, son dies, grandson dies."

The rich man became angry when he saw the master's work. "I asked you to write something down that could bring happiness and prosperity to my family. Why do you give me something depressing like this?"

"If your son should die before you," the master answered, "this would bring unbearable grief to your family. If your grandson should die before your son, this also would bring great sorrow. If your family, generation after generation, disappears in the order I have described, it will be the natural course of life. This is true happiness and prosperity."
Big Bad Bill

Breeder wrote: If your family, generation after generation, disappears in the order I have described, it will be the natural course of life. This is true happiness and prosperity."[/i]
That made me smile, Breeder, thank you.
boswell

Radio Head's "everything In It's Right Place"
Breeder

red house painters - have you forgotten (vanilla sky OST version)
- song for a blue guitar
michelle7

George Michael - Jesus to a Child

That song was playing on the radio on the day of my dad's funeral as we were driving up the cemetry lane. Everytime I hear it now, I can almost see myself in the car, smell the air, feel the cold etc etc. Unless I'm somewhere I can't move from, if it's playing on the radio or TV I'll leave the room/turn it off ... I hate that song!
R1FSR

Beautiful- Christina Aguilera

Crushes me everytime i hear it ..reminds me of my mum :(
sunai

In loving memory, alter bridge, reminds me of my grandmother.. which is why i listen to it rarely
Breeder

Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) :cry: :cry:
notavirtuoso

Louis Armstrong - Wonderful World

Reminds me of my mom and why I miss her.
Pi2plank

Song at the ending credits of 'Dream Theater live at the Budokan' ,its kinda like a lounge version of 'stream of consciousness' my fav DT song.. i dont know how to explain it but that version is kinda sad, melancholic.. it actually kinda tears me apart.. am i the only one who listens to that ending credits song??? :roll: