Michael Landau

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
boswell

To piss on both Strat and Anti Strat arguements:

:D
Breeder

you just had to start it all over again...great...now we will have a real murder here on the forum :evil:
Melodic Dreamer

Have no clue, but My Suhr Custom Classic is a beast of a Strat.
Melodic Dreamer

IbanezRules wrote:
Melodic Dreamer wrote:Landau is probably my favorite player. It's nothing to do with speed or tricks, I just love his feel and his tone.
The man is awesome!
Word.
Me too, I really dig Carl Verheyen and Allen Hinds, but I think Landau is
my fav. 6 years ago Steve (Vai) would've been my favorite, but not anymore.
How's it going... do you remember me? We had a few conversations on the Petrucci forum about Playing, Heart, Garsed and so on. lol

Nice to see you evolving like myself. MUSIC is so awesome!
IbanezRules

Melodic Dreamer wrote:
IbanezRules wrote:
Melodic Dreamer wrote:Landau is probably my favorite player. It's nothing to do with speed or tricks, I just love his feel and his tone.
The man is awesome!
Word.
Me too, I really dig Carl Verheyen and Allen Hinds, but I think Landau is
my fav. 6 years ago Steve (Vai) would've been my favorite, but not anymore.
How's it going... do you remember me? We had a few conversations on the Petrucci forum about Playing, Heart, Garsed and so on. lol

Nice to see you evolving like myself. MUSIC is so awesome!

Yeah, I vaguely remember. All I remember is your name, not the actual discussions.
But you mean the Petrucci forum at Petrucci's website?
Music IS awesome, you are right. Really nice to evolve from listening to
Satriani, Petrucci, Vai, YJM etc. to Allen Hinds, Robben Ford, Lee Rittenour, Carl Verheyen, Michael Landau,
Scott Henderson... By the way, I'm the one at the Landau forum asking whether he is using an Arion Chorus at the song "I'm Buzzed"! :)

The only one I frequently listen to of the first mentioned is Yngwie. I think his early tone with Alcatrazz and
Rising Force albums is killer! Just a Marshall and a 50's Strat! :headbang

I still listen to Vai occasionally, but I get bored pretty quickly... (Please, don't ban me Mikey!!) :wink:
Melodic Dreamer

Yeah, I vaguely remember. All I remember is your name, not the actual discussions.
Satriani, Petrucci, Vai, YJM etc. to Allen Hinds, Robben Ford, Lee Rittenour, Carl Verheyen, Michael Landau,
Scott Henderson... By the way, I'm the one at the Landau forum asking whether he is using an Arion Chorus at the song "I'm Buzzed"! :)

The only one I frequently listen to of the first mentioned is Yngwie. I think his early tone with Alcatrazz and

I still listen to Vai occasionally, but I get bored pretty quickly... (Please, don't ban me Mikey!!) :wink:

Awe, cool. lol
We spoke a few times, you might remember me talking to Garsed about some progressions. I gave him a progression that you came up with, one I think you guys played on together. He went through and described how he would approach it. I remember it made you very happy that he remembered you.

Garsed is still someone I listen to a lot, but I have kinda became obsessed with Landau's tone and music.

I think back then he used the Tri Chorus on his recordings. I'm almost positive that's what you hear.

Look at my rig now, can't you tell it's Landau inspired.

Suhr Custom Classic > KR Musical Gypsy Fuzz > MJM Roctavios > Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah > KR Musical Megavibe > Fulltone OCD > SD Shape Shifter > DLS Rotosim > Diamond Vibrato > FV500H Volume > Strobo Tuner > T-Rex Replica > Diamond Memory Lane > Dr.S RRR > CAE Od100 Cl+ & Badger 30
IbanezRules

Melodic Dreamer wrote:

Awe, cool. lol
We spoke a few times, you might remember me talking to Garsed about some progressions. I gave him a progression that you came up with, one I think you guys played on together. He went through and described how he would approach it. I remember it made you very happy that he remembered you.

Garsed is still someone I listen to a lot, but I have kinda became obsessed with Landau's tone and music.

I think back then he used the Tri Chorus on his recordings. I'm almost positive that's what you hear.

Look at my rig now, can't you tell it's Landau inspired.

Suhr Custom Classic > KR Musical Gypsy Fuzz > MJM Roctavios > Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah > KR Musical Megavibe > Fulltone OCD > SD Shape Shifter > DLS Rotosim > Diamond Vibrato > FV500H Volume > Strobo Tuner > T-Rex Replica > Diamond Memory Lane > Dr.S RRR > CAE Od100 Cl+ & Badger 30

That's quite a sick rig! OD100 is a really nice amp.
I'd like to hear it. Have anything on youtube?

I remember I met Garsed at GIT, but I don't remember the chord progression.
Can I find that converstaion anywhere here at the forum? I'd like to see it.
My memory is really bad it seems like! :oops:

I'm obsessed too with Landau's tone. It doesn't really get any better....
Melodic Dreamer

IbanezRules wrote:That's quite a sick rig! OD100 is a really nice amp.
I'd like to hear it. Have anything on youtube?

I remember I met Garsed at GIT, but I don't remember the chord progression.
Can I find that converstaion anywhere here at the forum? I'd like to see it.
My memory is really bad it seems like! :oops:

I'm obsessed too with Landau's tone. It doesn't really get any better....
Youtube? At the moment no. I don't have a Camcorder of any kind. My wife and I just bought a house recently, so my toys are on a budget. lol
The Od100 Classic Plus is a great amp. As of right now I'm going through an Avatar 4x12 Cabinet loaded with V30's, but I'm wanting/hoping to one day swap those out with some Scumback speakers.
Are you a member of the Gearpage? http://www.thegearpage.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That has became my hang out place. Another good forum that is pretty Landau crazed is http://www.Hugeracksinc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think our conversations should be in my Inobox on the Petrucci Forum. I don't visit it that much anymore. I'll check.. if so .. I'll copy and Pm it to you here.