Rush

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
burnt out

Rush is the best! :guitar

Everything before Moving Pictures is their absolute best stuff though.

But I like random later stuff too,even though it's all varied and different from their hard rockin' early stuff.

:guitar
Ultraviolet

Rush RULES!!!!

I think it would be mega cool to see a Rush , Boston, and Steve Vai show at the same place,...

Rush's feels a little like Boston to me,..but Brad Sings like Steve plays ;)

Living in the limelight, you get to hear Brad sing,...
those who play for MEE-eeehee,....with Stevie's blessed hands,.
can always bring us joy...

Living in the Limelight, his words were magic air,...
we'll always be the Freee-eeeeeheee....those that who dig Steve.....

;)

Ultra
Jenn Pix

atlantakat wrote:

Top DVD: Rush in Rio -- most incredible live audience I've seen for a prog/rock show. I get chills just thinking about the crowd singing along with YYZ.
That was one of the best "audience participation" I have ever seen/heard! LOL...
I mean, singing along with a song is nothing new. But to sing along with an instrumental? That was just so awesome! And how amazing must it have been from the stage? To look out on that vast sea of fans?

From 1980 to 1984, Rush and VH owned hard rock. And it was good. Damn good.

Absolutely!
molgolsonden

Rush fan since '76... Best concert by any band any where any time. Peart's lyrics....well you know
Mr. Supertron

Ultraviolet wrote:Rush RULES!!!!

I think it would be mega cool to see a Rush , Boston, and Steve Vai show at the same place,...

Rush's feels a little like Boston to me,..but Brad Sings like Steve plays ;)

Living in the limelight, you get to hear Brad sing,...
those who play for MEE-eeehee,....with Stevie's blessed hands,.
can always bring us joy...

Living in the Limelight, his words were magic air,...
we'll always be the Freee-eeeeeheee....those that who dig Steve.....

;)

Ultra
+1 to that man
molgolsonden

Oh Yeah, Rush are the shit !!! Fan since Farewell to Kings, saw them more times than any other band by far. Hemispheres is still one of the best albums ever. 2112, Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures represent an extraordinary span in their career. And the song are a hell of a lot of fun to play. Go Lerxst.
thejonesfactor

atlantakat wrote:The good news is Rush puts out so many compilations and re-packagings that you can always get a variety of their live shows from throughout their (lengthy) career.

Top songs: Anything off Moving Pictures.

Top DVD: Rush in Rio -- most incredible live audience I've seen for a prog/rock show. I get chills just thinking about the crowd singing along with YYZ.

The Replay 3X DVD gives you a pretty good range of shows from the 80s

Singing along to YYZ? That is an instrumental. :)
Jenn Pix

thejonesfactor wrote:
atlantakat wrote:The good news is Rush puts out so many compilations and re-packagings that you can always get a variety of their live shows from throughout their (lengthy) career.

Top songs: Anything off Moving Pictures.

The Replay 3X DVD gives you a pretty good range of shows from the 80s

Singing along to YYZ? That is an instrumental. :)
That's what was so wild about it!
You expect a crowd to sing along with lyrics...
Those fans in Rio, they were so thrilled, so excited, and so into it all, that they were even vocalizing with the instrumental stuff!
A very passionate, enthusiastic crowd... :D

I would have loved to have been there for that.
I mean, I can about feel the energy just watching the DVD! I can only imagine how insanely awesome being there must have been!
Igneousiceman

It is a fantastic DVD and an equally fantastic crowd...

Hemispheres has to be the best for me. Although Signals is pretty good. But then, so is Moving Pictures. AAARRRGHHH they're just too damm good!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Vive le Rush

Yes, indeed!!!!! RUSH has been my VERY FAVORITE BAND since 1981!!!!! :headbang :headbang :D They are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and MAGNIFICENT!!!!! :headbang :peace You might even say that I worship this band. :headbang :headbang :guitar My favorite albums are "Permanent Waves", "Counterparts" and "Snakes and Arrows".

BTW, attending a Rush concert is the closest thing to "Rock and Roll Heaven" that I've ever experienced!!!!! :roll: :D :guitar I've attended about 15 of them; most recently, on June 7th, 2008.

RUSH ON!!!! :peace :guitar :guitar
Igneousiceman

So you like them then? :wink:
Fanch

OMFG, RUSH rules. Cutting my teeth as a bass player in the 70's...I had no cool older relatives/people to direct me: alas, did my best chugging away with the 16th notes of other popular bands of the time. Then, I heard 2112! 'Light years' beyond other bands of the 70's!!:) Over the Decades, they have continued to produce great music!

Just seeing(Rush) Geddy Lee play bass(sometimes only with his left hand), while singing and working foot pedals blew my mind on the Moving Pictures tour, Plus Neil and Alex!!! :headbang
Stephen Brown

Never listened to them.
Jenn Pix

Vive le Rush wrote:Yes, indeed!!!!! RUSH has been my VERY FAVORITE BAND since 1981!!!!! :headbang :headbang :D They are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and MAGNIFICENT!!!!! :headbang :peace You might even say that I worship this band. :headbang :headbang :guitar My favorite albums are "Permanent Waves", "Counterparts" and "Snakes and Arrows".

BTW, attending a Rush concert is the closest thing to "Rock and Roll Heaven" that I've ever experienced!!!!! :roll: :D :guitar I've attended about 15 of them; most recently, on June 7th, 2008.

RUSH ON!!!! :peace :guitar :guitar
*giggles!*
'Bout time you found this thread, hon! :D
-Acid-
Newcomer

Never really listened to them. They seem good though.