Mr. Big

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
notavirtuoso

Mr. Big Reunion?

No mention of any new material or further touring plans, but perhaps we can hope for a DVD. Damn Gilbert stays busy.
Bryceybhoy

Yeah, great news. Saw this the other day. However, there was a picture of the reunited band and Pat Torpey looks about 60 years old...or has been replaced by an old man.

Don't think there's going to be a record - and I ain't flying to Japan to see them. DVD will have to do.
GuitarAlien7

http://www.paulgilbert.com/MrBig.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)
Ugur Dariveren

Billy was told me about that few days ago. Great news! :)
Seraphim

YES! The rumors are true, and the rumors are good. MR. BIG is BACK!

Wow!!! This is indeed very good news!!! Hope they pass here in europe!!! Damn, why Japan is so far away :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
IbanezRules

I hope that Richie Kotzen will play guitar instead of Gilbert.
Both would be cool though!
Chacha
Newcomer

Bryceybhoy wrote:Yeah, great news. Saw this the other day. However, there was a picture of the reunited band and Pat Torpey looks about 60 years old...or has been replaced by an old man.

Don't think there's going to be a record - and I ain't flying to Japan to see them. DVD will have to do.
:lol: yeah, something was really off with that picture. The reunion videos are all over youtube ("Mr. Big Reunion"), they look really different there. And really happy. In fact, Pat looked younger with the short hair.

:D Lucky me I'm just as swim away from Japan, got to know some backpackers who'll go there from all over the place! We're gonna rock Japan this June! :headbang :guitar
RAI

They still rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKhZwVLmWJY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cosmic ape

IbanezRules wrote:I hope that Richie Kotzen will play guitar instead of Gilbert.
Actually, Paul did a sort of G3 show with Ritchie and George Lynch a couple of months ago here in L.A. and after the final jam, there was a little Mr. Big reunion with Billy Sheehan and I wanna say Pat Torpey was there too...

Needless is to say it was kick ass show...
IbanezRules

cosmic ape wrote:
IbanezRules wrote:I hope that Richie Kotzen will play guitar instead of Gilbert.
Actually, Paul did a sort of G3 show with Ritchie and George Lynch a couple of months ago here in L.A. and after the final jam, there was a little Mr. Big reunion with Billy Sheehan and I wanna say Pat Torpey was there too...

Needless is to say it was kick ass show...

Sounds like a good combination of guitarists.
Would've liked to see that. :headbang
Chacha
Newcomer

Yeah, the west usually have all these guitar gods to themselves, I'm glad Mr. Big chose to have their reunion in the east, sort of gives us a chance to see something better than screamo rock..
Chacha
Newcomer

Hi this is an event that just started in the "Eric~EM~Martin" Facebook group, and it'll happen next weekend. One week left, join the cause!

================================

"Fans all over the world, IT'S TIME TO DO SOMETHING.

Everyone who wants a world tour, its only gonna happen if the whole world will once again see that Mr. Big is the most awesome band there is. We can't let this stop in Japan, and the only way to do that would be to give Mr. Big a chance to be seen once again by the whole world. We know American Idol won't work, but there's OPRAH, the voice of every underdog out there, there's a request/suggestion box for shows (see the link below)

https://www.oprah.com/ord/plugform.jsp?plugId=216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OR
http://www.oprah.com/contactus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next weekend, May 2 and 3, fans all over the world, LET'S UNITE AND ALTOGETHER FLOOD THE EMAIL OF OPRAH with request that Mr. Big be given a chance at the show.

Within this week, copy this message, post it in every other group/forum you know, all the admins out there.. LET'S BRING ROCK 'N ROLL BACK!! For the love of rock, of Paul, Billy, Eric, and Pat!

FELLOW FANS, LET'S ROCK!!!!!
EyE

Saw them last night at the 013 in Tilburg Holland. Awesome show!! We shamelessly sang along with some of there hit songs. Who cares right! But they still can kick-ass!!
cbr1000f

EyE wrote:Saw them last night at the 013 in Tilburg Holland. Awesome show!! We shamelessly sang along with some of there hit songs. Who cares right! But they still can kick-ass!!
I saw them last sunday. They are as good as they were in the early days and it seems that singer Eric doesn't get older. I have a nice anecdote to add:
After the show we talked to Eric Martin and he's a supercool guy. My best friend Jeroen who got married the day before asked Eric to sign his wife's unused ticket (she was too tired from the wedding, so she couldn't make it to the show). Eric signed the ticket and said to my friend: "Do you have a mobile phone?"
Jeroen: "Sure".
Eric: "Call her!"
So Jeroen called her (it was after the concert so she was already sleeping). Eric Martin asked her name to Jeroen and then he spoke a very nice & personal message in her voice mail!!!! Really down-to-earth, friendly & very funny guy!
Jeroen & Eline are on their honeymoon to France and they managed to get tickets for the Paris show of tonight. Jeroen called me tonight (=during the show) so I could hear "Shy Boy" through my mobile phone. I hope they manage to meet Eric or the other guys tonight.
EyE

How cool is that of Eric!! What a guy. It seems that only he meets some fans after the show. Because after the show in Tilburg he came out to meet some fans. It was nice to see him totally relaxed and all and just chat with some of us.

Again, cool of him to try to speak with her on the phone.