Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force: PERPETUAL FLAME

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
User avatar
metalus
Member
Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:38 am

The new singer Tim "Ripper" Ownes does not suck. the first 2 songs on the new album, so some reason he is a little lower in the mix, but the rest of the cd you can hear him fine. Tim is one of the best rock/metal singers around today. He was with Judas Priest for almost a decade when Halford quit the band, and did 2 studio albums, 2 live cds and a live dvd with them. He also done stuff with Winters Bane, Iced Earth. And also has HIS own band called Beyond Fear which had their debut cd 2006, and its an excellent album. As Tim has replaced singer is a few differant bands he will always get shit for it, some fans of group say A will always say he's crap as he is not the real singer or whatever, even if he does an amazing job. these people need to get their heads out of their asses and grow up! But as to this new Yngwie album, its very very good. Buy it forthwith people!
chef0069
Newcomer
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:21 pm

The new record is real good, and when Yngwie plays, he's no more "cheesy" or showman than Steve is. They entertain, make faces, some like it, some don't. The new record isn't Fire and Ice, but it is good, and Ripper sounds good. The production could be better, he could give Derek more to play, but it is what it is.
TongueNGroove
Member
Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:38 pm

After giving the album ONE listen, I didn't hear anything good. There was nothing that struck me as "Wow, cool tune!".

In fact, I heard some very sloppy playing and his solos, as usual these days, sound improvised on the spot using his basic three string arps and running scales.

I have read great reviews of this album and I was expecting at least a 2 great songs like Deja Vu or Perpetual or Vengeance, etc..( I wont even mention his first 3 albums since they are on a totaly different level from anything he has done since). But what I got was songs and playing that sounded like it was slapped together over the internet (phoned in) in a week or two.

He could at least put some effort into his solos....

I guess over time some of these songs may grow on me, but that's not what I expect from Yngwie.
silvio gazquez
Newcomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm

TongueNGroove wrote:After giving the album ONE listen, I didn't hear anything good. There was nothing that struck me as "Wow, cool tune!".

In fact, I heard some very sloppy playing and his solos, as usual these days, sound improvised on the spot using his basic three string arps and running scales.

I have read great reviews of this album and I was expecting at least a 2 great songs like Deja Vu or Perpetual or Vengeance, etc..( I wont even mention his first 3 albums since they are on a totaly different level from anything he has done since). But what I got was songs and playing that sounded like it was slapped together over the internet (phoned in) in a week or two.

He could at least put some effort into his solos....

I guess over time some of these songs may



we are never goin´ to hear another tracks like that, yngwie has to start to think in giving up the business, he has nothing to say no more!


grow on me, but that's not what I expect from Yngwie.
silvio gazquez
Newcomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm

metalus wrote:The new singer Tim "Ripper" Ownes does not suck. the first 2 songs on the new album, so some reason he is a little lower in the mix, but the rest of the cd you can hear him fine. Tim is one of the best rock/metal singers around today. He was with Judas Priest for almost a decade when Halford quit the band, and did 2 studio albums, 2 live cds and a live dvd with them. He also done stuff with Winters Bane, Iced Earth. And also has HIS own band called Beyond Fear which had their debut cd 2006, and its an excellent album. As Tim has replaced singer is a few differant bands he will always get shit for it, some fans of group say A will always say he's crap as he is not the real singer or whatever, even if he does an amazing job. these people need to get their heads out of their asses and grow up! But as to this new Yngwie album, its very very good. Buy it forthwith people!

mmm I think you have to go out more man, Tim is nothing this days...
you can´t compare him with guys like Russell Allen or Jorn Lande, just to knew a few, but I know this Owen is nothing today...
GuitarStrings
Member
Member
Posts: 795
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:05 pm

silvio gazquez wrote: mmm I think you have to go out more man, Tim is nothing this days...
you can´t compare him with guys like Russell Allen or Jorn Lande, just to knew a few, but I know this Owen is nothing today...
Indeed, you just DON'T COMPARE. LOL

Comparing is pretty childish. Nothing forbids you to enjoy Russell, Jorn and Tim at the same time.

And, NO artist is "nothing" really. Any artist has something to offer, it's up to you whether you want to catch the messages or not.
KGNOKODOMO
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:29 am

Hello:
I am(was) a big fan of Yngwie for lots of years (from Rising Force debut album to Eclipse) but then Fire and Ice came out
and i got to notice that he is very very repetitive!!! so sorry, if some do not agree, it is just my opinion.
Any way every time he releases a new record i try to borrow it from a friend and give a good listen, and that was the case for this record, i heard nothing that i have not heard before, i am not into bashing anybody, but i hear the same old repetitive scale runs, bends , slides, stacatto, i wonder am i losing the ability to surprise??? or is really that all the music sounds same??? the voice was cool though!!! reminded me this trilogy album!!!
Yngwie is great but not so innovative.
well nobody get offended please i just pled my case, and hope no angry reply to my words!!!! is not the intention.
just want to see if somebody thinks same
User avatar
Big Bad Bill
Member
Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am

KGNOKODOMO wrote:Hello:
I am(was) a big fan of Yngwie for lots of years (from Rising Force debut album to Eclipse) but then Fire and Ice came out
and i got to notice that he is very very repetitive!!! so sorry, if some do not agree, it is just my opinion.
Any way every time he releases a new record i try to borrow it from a friend and give a good listen, and that was the case for this record, i heard nothing that i have not heard before, i am not into bashing anybody, but i hear the same old repetitive scale runs, bends , slides, stacatto, i wonder am i losing the ability to surprise??? or is really that all the music sounds same??? the voice was cool though!!! reminded me this trilogy album!!!
Yngwie is great but not so innovative.
well nobody get offended please i just pled my case, and hope no angry reply to my words!!!! is not the intention.
just want to see if somebody thinks same
Your experience is exactly the same as mine, KGNOKODOMO! However, I thought that 'Eclipse' was showing signs of a lack of imagination.
KGNOKODOMO
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:29 am

[/quote] However, I thought that 'Eclipse' was showing signs of a lack of imagination.
[/quote]

I agree completly!!!!
Mr. Supertron
Member
Member
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:41 am

JEFF SCOTT SOTO
User avatar
Big Bad Bill
Member
Member
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:40 am

Mr. Supertron wrote:JEFF SCOTT SOTO
Yeah, he was great. What ever became of him? I liked Joe Lyn Turner too-in fact, 'Odyssey' is probably my favourite Yngwie album-the guitar tone sounded so much more 3 dimensional on that album.
User avatar
RAI
Member
Member
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:23 pm

The most recent news on him was that he was in Journey, but only for a short while.
Don't know what he's doing now...
User avatar
boswell
Member
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 am

JEFF SCOTT SOTO: www.trans-siberian.com
User avatar
Seraphim
Member
Member
Posts: 1832
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:16 pm

Big Bad Bill wrote:However, I thought that 'Eclipse' was showing signs of a lack of imagination.
[/color]
Yep, "Eclipse" is the album that I never listen... even if I have it on vynil and CD...
Maybe Yngwie have been eclipsed during the Eclipse :wink:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

TSO... of course like many I discovered them through the christmas decorated garden video on youtube, then had a listen at their album, found it real nice (especially that track used for teh garden whose name I forgot)then forgot about it

They do kick ass and add major :headbang :headbang :headbang to your regular Christmas carols to say the least.

:peace
Post Reply