Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force: PERPETUAL FLAME

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
metalus

The new singer Tim "Ripper" Ownes does not suck. the first 2 songs on the new album, so some reason he is a little lower in the mix, but the rest of the cd you can hear him fine. Tim is one of the best rock/metal singers around today. He was with Judas Priest for almost a decade when Halford quit the band, and did 2 studio albums, 2 live cds and a live dvd with them. He also done stuff with Winters Bane, Iced Earth. And also has HIS own band called Beyond Fear which had their debut cd 2006, and its an excellent album. As Tim has replaced singer is a few differant bands he will always get shit for it, some fans of group say A will always say he's crap as he is not the real singer or whatever, even if he does an amazing job. these people need to get their heads out of their asses and grow up! But as to this new Yngwie album, its very very good. Buy it forthwith people!
chef0069
Newcomer

The new record is real good, and when Yngwie plays, he's no more "cheesy" or showman than Steve is. They entertain, make faces, some like it, some don't. The new record isn't Fire and Ice, but it is good, and Ripper sounds good. The production could be better, he could give Derek more to play, but it is what it is.
TongueNGroove

After giving the album ONE listen, I didn't hear anything good. There was nothing that struck me as "Wow, cool tune!".

In fact, I heard some very sloppy playing and his solos, as usual these days, sound improvised on the spot using his basic three string arps and running scales.

I have read great reviews of this album and I was expecting at least a 2 great songs like Deja Vu or Perpetual or Vengeance, etc..( I wont even mention his first 3 albums since they are on a totaly different level from anything he has done since). But what I got was songs and playing that sounded like it was slapped together over the internet (phoned in) in a week or two.

He could at least put some effort into his solos....

I guess over time some of these songs may grow on me, but that's not what I expect from Yngwie.
silvio gazquez
Newcomer

TongueNGroove wrote:After giving the album ONE listen, I didn't hear anything good. There was nothing that struck me as "Wow, cool tune!".

In fact, I heard some very sloppy playing and his solos, as usual these days, sound improvised on the spot using his basic three string arps and running scales.

I have read great reviews of this album and I was expecting at least a 2 great songs like Deja Vu or Perpetual or Vengeance, etc..( I wont even mention his first 3 albums since they are on a totaly different level from anything he has done since). But what I got was songs and playing that sounded like it was slapped together over the internet (phoned in) in a week or two.

He could at least put some effort into his solos....

I guess over time some of these songs may

we are never goin´ to hear another tracks like that, yngwie has to start to think in giving up the business, he has nothing to say no more!

grow on me, but that's not what I expect from Yngwie.
silvio gazquez
Newcomer

metalus wrote:The new singer Tim "Ripper" Ownes does not suck. the first 2 songs on the new album, so some reason he is a little lower in the mix, but the rest of the cd you can hear him fine. Tim is one of the best rock/metal singers around today. He was with Judas Priest for almost a decade when Halford quit the band, and did 2 studio albums, 2 live cds and a live dvd with them. He also done stuff with Winters Bane, Iced Earth. And also has HIS own band called Beyond Fear which had their debut cd 2006, and its an excellent album. As Tim has replaced singer is a few differant bands he will always get shit for it, some fans of group say A will always say he's crap as he is not the real singer or whatever, even if he does an amazing job. these people need to get their heads out of their asses and grow up! But as to this new Yngwie album, its very very good. Buy it forthwith people!

mmm I think you have to go out more man, Tim is nothing this days...
you can´t compare him with guys like Russell Allen or Jorn Lande, just to knew a few, but I know this Owen is nothing today...
GuitarStrings

silvio gazquez wrote: mmm I think you have to go out more man, Tim is nothing this days...
you can´t compare him with guys like Russell Allen or Jorn Lande, just to knew a few, but I know this Owen is nothing today...
Indeed, you just DON'T COMPARE. LOL

Comparing is pretty childish. Nothing forbids you to enjoy Russell, Jorn and Tim at the same time.

And, NO artist is "nothing" really. Any artist has something to offer, it's up to you whether you want to catch the messages or not.
KGNOKODOMO

Hello:
I am(was) a big fan of Yngwie for lots of years (from Rising Force debut album to Eclipse) but then Fire and Ice came out
and i got to notice that he is very very repetitive!!! so sorry, if some do not agree, it is just my opinion.
Any way every time he releases a new record i try to borrow it from a friend and give a good listen, and that was the case for this record, i heard nothing that i have not heard before, i am not into bashing anybody, but i hear the same old repetitive scale runs, bends , slides, stacatto, i wonder am i losing the ability to surprise??? or is really that all the music sounds same??? the voice was cool though!!! reminded me this trilogy album!!!
Yngwie is great but not so innovative.
well nobody get offended please i just pled my case, and hope no angry reply to my words!!!! is not the intention.
just want to see if somebody thinks same
Big Bad Bill

KGNOKODOMO wrote:Hello:
I am(was) a big fan of Yngwie for lots of years (from Rising Force debut album to Eclipse) but then Fire and Ice came out
and i got to notice that he is very very repetitive!!! so sorry, if some do not agree, it is just my opinion.
Any way every time he releases a new record i try to borrow it from a friend and give a good listen, and that was the case for this record, i heard nothing that i have not heard before, i am not into bashing anybody, but i hear the same old repetitive scale runs, bends , slides, stacatto, i wonder am i losing the ability to surprise??? or is really that all the music sounds same??? the voice was cool though!!! reminded me this trilogy album!!!
Yngwie is great but not so innovative.
well nobody get offended please i just pled my case, and hope no angry reply to my words!!!! is not the intention.
just want to see if somebody thinks same
Your experience is exactly the same as mine, KGNOKODOMO! However, I thought that 'Eclipse' was showing signs of a lack of imagination.
KGNOKODOMO

[/quote] However, I thought that 'Eclipse' was showing signs of a lack of imagination.
[/quote]

I agree completly!!!!
Mr. Supertron

JEFF SCOTT SOTO
Big Bad Bill

Mr. Supertron wrote:JEFF SCOTT SOTO
Yeah, he was great. What ever became of him? I liked Joe Lyn Turner too-in fact, 'Odyssey' is probably my favourite Yngwie album-the guitar tone sounded so much more 3 dimensional on that album.
RAI

The most recent news on him was that he was in Journey, but only for a short while.
Don't know what he's doing now...
boswell

JEFF SCOTT SOTO: www.trans-siberian.com
Seraphim

Big Bad Bill wrote:However, I thought that 'Eclipse' was showing signs of a lack of imagination.
[/color]
Yep, "Eclipse" is the album that I never listen... even if I have it on vynil and CD...
Maybe Yngwie have been eclipsed during the Eclipse :wink:

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
lydian2000

TSO... of course like many I discovered them through the christmas decorated garden video on youtube, then had a listen at their album, found it real nice (especially that track used for teh garden whose name I forgot)then forgot about it

They do kick ass and add major :headbang :headbang :headbang to your regular Christmas carols to say the least.

:peace