Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force: PERPETUAL FLAME

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
lydian2000

boswell wrote:I wonder if David Hasselhoff taught him to suck in his gut and cheeks like that? :D
:lol:

I hear photoshop does wonders.

:peace
boswell

or use photos from 1988 like he normally does :wink:
prman

boswell wrote:I wonder if David Hasselhoff taught him to suck in his gut and cheeks like that? :D
Yngwie doesn`t have to suck in his gut anymore, he`s quite sleek nowadays. But yeah, that thing he does with his cheeks... Reminds me of the legendary "Blue Steel" from Zoolander.

I`ve heard the first two songs of the new album. The vocals were surprisingly low in the mix and the sound of the vocals was awfully thin. BUT as you might guess, Yngwie was upfront and he sounded like himself. :roll:
LoveBlood

Cool nipple
boswell

prman wrote:
Yngwie doesn`t have to suck in his gut anymore, he`s quite sleek nowadays. But yeah, that thing he does with his cheeks... Reminds me of the legendary "Blue Steel" from Zoolander.
I dunno there was definately a flabby gut on view in Sheffield a few weeks back when he was throwing his Strat around! :D
GuitarStrings

Oh, I forgot to mention:

1. VERY bad quality printing on the CD cover(looks like your cheap domestic printer).
2. Big WRONG title on CD's back cover(LEVENTH HOUR instead of ELEVENTH HOUR)
3. Wrong words inside the booklet too.
4. CD comes without the outside plastic film(at least all european editions) so the jewel cases are a little bit scratched and looking used.

This is what europeans get from Yngwie's new CD.

This is just fuglin WEIRD.
Now, I can understand that whether you like the album cover or not is all a matter of your personal taste, I personally like it as it's very rapresentative of Yngwie's attitude.

BUT, sometimes I just wonder what it costs to check the booklet twice before they release it. Does Yngwie use that "ALWAYS-ONE-TAKE-ONLY" approach when it comes to the artwork editing too?

I really hope he can re-check the booklet and the back cover and re-release this album in a at least decent package. Because this album ROCKS. Because the aforementioned issues certainly DO NOT help the already difficult CD sells. :x
silvio gazquez
Newcomer

GuitarStrings wrote:Image

I am listening to it right now it came out just in these days...
Oh man... it's INCREDIBLE.
The new singer, Tim Owens, is without doubt the best one Yngwie has had in all these years. He has a powerful voice and always sings in tune(unlike Doogie White) and he's very very high-pitched and can get as low as he wants too. I even prefer him over Mark Boals.
His voice really completes Yngwie's aggressive guitar playing.
I'd say, Yngwie has finally released an album where you can actually enjoy the singing as well, not only his guitar playing.
On the other hand, Yngwie's playing is much much tighter than the last 2 albums and the compositions are just PERFECT(while I can't say the same of the last 2 albums because I've found his guitar riffs and solos to be a little bit "flat" on them).
The production is top-notch as well and Derek Sherinian is back on the album with his keyboard work and you can hear him MUCH MUCH betterand complex than on his previous work with Yngwie. You've got some REAL string-section on this album as well. And the drums are just... well just LISTEN to the drums!!! It's the most powerful drumming that you can find on ANY Malmsteen album to day.

I think this is the most inspired Malmsteen-album I've heard in YEARS and all musicians on the album surpassed the previous ones or what themselves has done before.

are you kidding man?
I just heard the album, and I have to say that really sucks... speccially the new singer! WTF... yngwie used to have the greatest singers, how you change a Mark Boals, a Goran Edman and end with this crap `singer´, and the album is poor, the last nice album was `Facing the animal´ for me...
how I miss the times of Eclipse, Fire & Ice, Rising force, those days are gone forver!!!

Silvio G.
GuitarStrings

silvio gazquez wrote:
GuitarStrings wrote:Image

I am listening to it right now it came out just in these days...
Oh man... it's INCREDIBLE.
The new singer, Tim Owens, is without doubt the best one Yngwie has had in all these years. He has a powerful voice and always sings in tune(unlike Doogie White) and he's very very high-pitched and can get as low as he wants too. I even prefer him over Mark Boals.
His voice really completes Yngwie's aggressive guitar playing.
I'd say, Yngwie has finally released an album where you can actually enjoy the singing as well, not only his guitar playing.
On the other hand, Yngwie's playing is much much tighter than the last 2 albums and the compositions are just PERFECT(while I can't say the same of the last 2 albums because I've found his guitar riffs and solos to be a little bit "flat" on them).
The production is top-notch as well and Derek Sherinian is back on the album with his keyboard work and you can hear him MUCH MUCH betterand complex than on his previous work with Yngwie. You've got some REAL string-section on this album as well. And the drums are just... well just LISTEN to the drums!!! It's the most powerful drumming that you can find on ANY Malmsteen album to day.

I think this is the most inspired Malmsteen-album I've heard in YEARS and all musicians on the album surpassed the previous ones or what themselves has done before.

are you kidding man?
I just heard the album, and I have to say that really sucks... speccially the new singer! WTF... yngwie used to have the greatest singers, how you change a Mark Boals, a Goran Edman and end with this crap `singer´, and the album is poor, the last nice album was `Facing the animal´ for me...
how I miss the times of Eclipse, Fire & Ice, Rising force, those days are gone forver!!!

Silvio G.
No, I am not kidding, I was just saying my perrsonal opinion. You are saying yours.
The album doesn't suck but you don't like it.
gs.
silvio gazquez
Newcomer

maybe you are right, but this album is pretty far away than yngwie used to be!

Silvio G.
GuitarStrings

silvio gazquez wrote:maybe you are right, but this album is pretty far away than yngwie used to be!

Silvio G.

In some ways, I agree with you. :)
I agree that Yngwie used to compose much more complex stuff and his playing was cleaner and more precise and a lot of other things etc..
But being a fan, I accept what he's doing now. I can see the direction he's following.
boswell

GuitarStrings wrote: I accept what he's doing now. I can see the direction he's following.
going on his performance in Sheffield that direction is down the toilet! :D
silvio gazquez
Newcomer

yeah, I really don´t like his new `direction´ and I´m or I used to be a hugh Yngwie´s fan. but the reality tells us, like it or not, that he has nothing to say anymore!
:(

Silvio G.
honeybadger

The last Yngwie albumn I bought was Rising force Odyssey with Jo Lynn Turner on Vocals, haha when mmmmmmmmmm about '88 ish?? On LP hehe.
boswell

honeybadger wrote:The last Yngwie albumn I bought was Rising force Odyssey with Jo Lynn Turner on Vocals, haha when mmmmmmmmmm about '88 ish?? On LP hehe.
Same here :oops:
Seraphim

boswell wrote:
honeybadger wrote:The last Yngwie albumn I bought was Rising force Odyssey with Jo Lynn Turner on Vocals, haha when mmmmmmmmmm about '88 ish?? On LP hehe.
Same here :oops:
Same here...

... but on vynil :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok, getting old :mrgreen:

But I do have almost all the Yngwie collection, I think don't have only the orchestral ones, at least only have one of it, anyway, my favorites are Rising-Marching-Trilogy-Odissey, and have those on vynil too :P
After that, the one that I enjoy is "War To End All Wars" don't know why :lol: :lol: maybe because of :guitar :headbang

Anyway, I don't get it why call the "raising force" again :? Are we talking about old members? well, since 1996 that Yngwie tried to re-unite with the members of the good-old-times.

The cover of last album... even on Yngwie official site, when open it, saying "THE REDESIGNED OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF YNGWIE MALMSTEEN IS HERE!"
REDESIGNED, ok, he's got 45 and hope he can be in good shape to surprise us all with good music.
REDESIGNED, well, photoshop does wonders, right? :wink:

Ok, may the "raising force" be with Yngwie,

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen: