Guitar speed record.

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
UV

al

lol its ridiculous

yet kinda cool
notavirtuoso

That was a wee bit cooler than I expected. Nifty.
chrose1201

I actually had a dream one time that I was able to pick like that. The dream was cool, this was a bit silly.
I did however like the music playing at the end.
ThePhilosopher9292
Newcomer

Any body else notice how horrible and weak his tone was?yuck.
chrose1201

ThePhilosopher9292 wrote:Any body else notice how horrible and weak his tone was?yuck.
There was a tone? :lol:
Bakerman

The audio on that is fake, created later (or earlier) then combined with the video. Here's how the 320bpm attempt actually sounded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDWfc_JpOrM
afaruler159

That was possibly the most insane thing I have ever seen.
JorgeOliveira

hum .... heheh why he dont use only the middle finger.... i think only one finger do the job....

im try that but with legato hehhe that is a record.. now picking and use the same finger position... dont see the point

thats why i love Vai....
Stephen Brown

The idea that people even do fakes amazes me. Why do it. Bad showmanship if ya ask me.
Jeries

the entire thing is chromatic you could do the same thing with just one finger moving it up and down the neck.

guitars can also be used to make 'music'
GuitarBizarre

Jeries wrote:the entire thing is chromatic you could do the same thing with just one finger moving it up and down the neck.

guitars can also be used to make 'music'
"Flight of the Bumblebee" is a famous orchestral interlude written by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov for his opera The Tale of Tsar Saltan, composed in 1899–1900. The piece closes Act III, Tableau 1, right after the magic Swan-Bird gives Prince Gvidon Saltanovich (the Tsar's son) instructions on how to change into an insect so that he can fly away to visit his father (who does not know that he is alive). Although in the opera the Swan-Bird sings during the first part of the "Flight", her vocal line is melodically uninvolved and easily omitted; this feature, combined with the fact that the number decisively closes the scene, made easy extraction as an orchestral concert piece possible.

Please, learn to recognize historically important and renowned works of MUSIC before you start talking trash.
al

its a pretty famous piece of music =/ ive heard it being played on tons of insntruments, its nice :)
GuitarBizarre

ThePhilosopher9292 wrote:Any body else notice how horrible and weak his tone was?yuck.
Some people always have to bitch and moan in some way don't they?

Fucking hell man. Tone, Musiciality, expression. None of them have a place in this video. Go Elsewhere.

Edit: There was a big caps lock rant here, but I figure whats the point? People will always carry on being idiots no matter what I say.
RAI

GuitarBizarre wrote:
Jeries wrote:Guitars can also be used to make 'music'
Please, learn to recognize historically important and renowned works of MUSIC before you start talking trash.
He's not bashing the piece when he says "Guitars can also be used to make music", but rather the player...