Crazy 8 year old

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
leigh01

Crazy 8 year old

#1 Post by leigh01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPPT1DxS ... re=related

some 8 year old kid with real tight technique. sure he'd probably be crap at theory or melody etc but what do you guys think?
Quite amazing for his age right?

al

#2 Post by al » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:15 am

the guiars ginormous lmao

but yeah damn impressive alrite, maybe its just a really small man

guyver_dio

#3 Post by guyver_dio » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 am

seen this video before. alot of ppl respond negatively to the whole who can shred it up at the youngest age and fair enough cause there's alot of it and it really doesn't say much other than excessive amounts of practice but unlike most of the comments, since I don't know the kid or what he's done to get there I'd just have to say he's developed a great ability and leave it at that. He might become the next Jason Becker or whatever who knows, depends on what he does with it.

GuitarBizarre

#4 Post by GuitarBizarre » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:45 am

Honestly.

YES. ITS BORING MUSICALLY

But then again, he's fucking that young and is shredding it like hell. That alone is impressive.

Besides THAT fact, the 'omg soulful musicaliteh jimi rulez one note not a million' comments completely miss the point that this ISNT. ABOUT. THAT.

This is a showoff solo. Its there to make people go 'wow', not to bring to mind tearful romantic memories. People write different music to do that, and thats where these kinds of comments fall apart.

leigh01

#5 Post by leigh01 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:49 am

brother al wrote:the guiars ginormous lmao

but yeah damn impressive alrite, maybe its just a really small man
Lol, There were a few comments about people speculating him being a dwarf or something lol.
guyver_dio wrote:seen this video before. alot of ppl respond negatively to the whole who can shred it up at the youngest age and fair enough cause there's alot of it and it really doesn't say much other than excessive amounts of practice but unlike most of the comments, since I don't know the kid or what he's done to get there I'd just have to say he's developed a great ability and leave it at that. He might become the next Jason Becker or whatever who knows, depends on what he does with it.
I think that's what I respect about him. the fact he would have had to practise pretty darn hard to get that good for his age.

Prezidentman

#6 Post by Prezidentman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:35 am

Aaah yes, this video again....Well if he really is 8yrs old in this video than even if this is the only thing he can play it's pretty unbelievable to me....on a technical level anyway, if he was sloppy I wouldn't be all that excited, but I think even a lot of professional players wouldn't be able to play those licks at this level.. How he's able to have the dexterity, coordination and discipline to do this at that age I don't know...Either he's amazingly talented or he had to literally give up his childhood to be able to this...I get the impression that he had to be pushed very hard by his parents or somebody to do this.. Anyways, I'd like to see more by him...

Guitaruss

#7 Post by Guitaruss » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:27 pm

This kid puts the 8 yearold to shame..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8cvKImVadE

Azrael

#8 Post by Azrael » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:51 pm

I hate it when I feel jealous of little kids. The guilt is annoying. :roll:

leigh01

#9 Post by leigh01 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:35 am

Guitaruss wrote:This kid puts the 8 yearold to shame..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8cvKImVadE
No!! Perhaps they should make a band together.

Instrumentalrockrocks
Location: Rotterdam - Holland (well not really Oud-Beijerland actually but nobody knows that)

#10 Post by Instrumentalrockrocks » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:13 pm

It isn't boring at all...

Did anybody mention he played (a part of) a Paul Gilbert song?
It is a really really technically advanced player... and when I was at his age I never could've made songs by myself...

I think we should be happy for him that he got such a talent for guitar playing!

Shred On :guitar

Chris99

#11 Post by Chris99 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:42 pm

The problem is his peers will probably use him for attention and money while he is young, and the only thing he will know is speed playing and nothing musically.

thats all.

GregN

#12 Post by GregN » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:47 pm

hm.. i cant see the vidoe, but im assuming its the one where its a guy playing a bit of paul gilbert and some other stuff in a guitar competition in like Russia or sumthing.

I wonder where that guy is now?
I saw that years ago....

leigh01

#13 Post by leigh01 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:38 am

Chris99 wrote:The problem is his peers will probably use him for attention and money while he is young, and the only thing he will know is speed playing and nothing musically.

thats all.
I dont know, now that hes got the technique down he might now be able to find his voice on the guitar, rather then just pointless shredding.

leigh01

#14 Post by leigh01 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:39 am

GregN wrote:hm.. i cant see the vidoe, but im assuming its the one where its a guy playing a bit of paul gilbert and some other stuff in a guitar competition in like Russia or sumthing.

I wonder where that guy is now?
I saw that years ago....
I dont think its a guitar competition.
and the audiance sound american.

thejonesfactor

#15 Post by thejonesfactor » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Yes, he can play, especially for an 8 yo. But, it is like Ingwie, no continuity, just shredding and flash.