Paul Gilbert: Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Texter

Ah more old school Gilbert style licks than on GOOMY. :D
Big Bad Bill

Any ideas of a European release date? £24 for the Japanese import is a bit steep!
Booligan

BBB, from what i´ve heard the european release takes place in April. i ordered mine from Japan... :twisted:
R1FSR

Had mine for 2 days now...just listenedto it properly for the first time today though..
Gilbert at his best excellent stuff cant wait until the satch tour now.
There is no point in buying this CD to expect a more refined gilbert it was never going to happen was it lol.
jem613

I'm gonna wait till the UK release date, by which time I should be fit to burst with anticipation! :D

really looking forward to this, I loved GOOMY! Echo song is AWESOME!!!

seeing him support Satch in May, woohoooo!!
<Mike>

I've never really liked Paul Gilberts music but this latest album was actually really good :)
KayeM

I love this album! Its like an addiction for me now :P

I had heard of Paul Gilbert before this but never really heard his music..
I went to a guitar clinic he held a couple of weeks ago and got hooked. He's such a genius!

I'm tabbing out 'I Still Have That Other Girl' for myself (admittedly not that hard to do, but hey its my first ever tabbing effort!) and I want to learn 'I Cannot Tell a Lie'.
But I love every single song :)

Too bad I had my eyes shut in the photo I had taken with him..

:oops:
Big Bad Bill

Amazon have informed me that the release has been delayed-damn-I have nothing new and decent to listen to!
KayeM

Thats no good :(
SoundCurrents32

Amazon dispatched mine this morning. 8)
Big Bad Bill

Bugger! I cancelled my Amazon order last night and ordered form a secondary seller! :evil: Whenever Amazon delay my orders they're usually delayed by weeks if not months. I once waited about 8 months for a book (21 essays about space suit development!!) befre I cancelled the order.
wasoota

I got mine last week, a day before the official release date even, IIRC. Strange it should be delayed so much in UK.

It is fantastic. I like it a lot better even than GOOMY.
Shredded Heat

I'm just getting through my first listen (only 5 tracks so far) - this album is totally rockifying my Sunday morning!!! :guitar :guitar :guitar
treeduck

I got mine from amazon uk, they had a "available in 6-10 days" message up the day before I ordered then bam I got lucky it was "in stock" and arrived on monday...

it's a nice album too...
Big Bad Bill

Now this is a piece of interesting, refreshing guitar music. This is composition rather than noodling/jamming over a backing track. PG's going to blow Satch off the stage!

I notice PG has forsaken Laney in favour of Marshall. Fascinating......