Paul Gilbert: Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
SoundCurrents32

From paulgilbert.com: :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My brand new guitar instrumental CD is finished!

It is entitled:

SILENCE FOLLOWED BY A DEAFENING ROAR

It will be released in Japan on January 23rd. I will be doing "in-store" appearances in Japan to promote the new CD. Please check the WHD website for details.

SILENCE FOLLOWED BY A DEAFENING ROAR will be also be released in the USA and Europe. I'll have release dates soon, so please keep checking back for the news.

The album features 11 new tracks of my most ferocious, emotional, musical, and creative guitar playing ever.

The musicians on the album are:
Paul Gilbert (me): Guitar
Mike Szuter: Bass
Jeff Bowders: Drums
Emi Gilbert: B3 and Piano

If I had to use one word to the describe the new album... well, that would be impossible. And actually, so is most of the guitar playing. But above all, my goal was to make the album ROCK so I can have more good tunes to add to my LIVE show.

Sounds fantastic, no? :P
Joe
Surfingalien

I also read it from his newspage :P

i'm definatly gonna buy it:D
I REALLEY hope he's comming to Holland...

btw the GOOMY tour kicked ass. Paul Gilbert is the most precise guitarist ever. He doesn't ever miss a SINGLE note:P

shame on you who weren't at the GOOMY tour :twisted:
Big Bad Bill

If its anything like his previous release then it'll be a corker! Can't wait!
Booligan

i think i´ll have to pre-order this one! GOOMY rocked and i´m 110% certain this will rock at least as much as GOOMY did!
Shy Boy

I already bought my copy from cdjapan.co.jp. Should have it by the end of the month! Cost $36 after shipping (4,000 yen).
Hub

I missed him last year, so this year I'm definetly going to at least one show! No matter how far I have to drive to get there!

And I will also be putting in an order for the new record! If Paul says it rocks, then it rocks!
SoundCurrents32

The last time I tried to import a CD from Japan (Marty Friedman's 'Live in Europe'), FedEx tried to slam me with a £40 bill, and that's not including the cost of the CD from amazon.jp or the shipping they charged me when I placed the order!

I never paid it and they're yet to chase me (this was back in August), but I think I'll wait for the European release in case importing this album reminds them! Heh heh
ClarkyNZ

I listened to GOOMY more than any other album in 2007, so a new release is fantastic news. :D
karmattitude

SoundCurrents32 wrote:The last time I tried to import a CD from Japan (Marty Friedman's 'Live in Europe'), FedEx tried to slam me with a £40 bill, and that's not including the cost of the CD from amazon.jp or the shipping they charged me when I placed the order!

I never paid it and they're yet to chase me (this was back in August), but I think I'll wait for the European release in case importing this album reminds them! Heh heh
Hi! if you are speaking about Marty Friedman - Exhibit B Live In Japan dvd here is a link where you can find it: http://www.guitareuroshop.com/catalog/p ... cts_id=504

The store is based in France !
Last edited by karmattitude on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shredded Heat

If it's instrumental-only then it oughta be awesome, and it should be double-awesome seeing Paul supporting Joe Satch this year 8) 8) 8)
Shy Boy

Tracklisting
1. SILENCE FOLLOWED BY A DEAFENING ROAR
2. EUDAIMONIA OVERTURE
3. RHINO,THE
4. NORWEGIAN COWBELL
5. I CANNOT TELL A LIE
6. BRONX 1971
7. SUITE MODALE
8. GARGOYLE,THE
9. I STILL HAVE THAT OTHER GIRL
10. BULTACO SATURNO
11. PAUL VS. GODZILLA
Booligan

having had the album for 2 days now, i can say that

you can try, but you WON`T put out a better album this year, no matter who you are. that´s how good this is. it´s got a bit of Vai, Satch, Becker, Friedman, Kotzen and of course Gilbert in it making it a great and interesting listen right from the beginning.

BUY IT NOW.
prman

The album is OK. Some of the songs are obvious fillers but luckily there are some good ones also. Got a couple of good laughs listening to it but the album reminded me also why I`m not too keen on Gilberts style: the hyperfast alternate picking that he highly depends on in his playing and composing starts to sound pretty stale after a while. Of course this is a matter of personal taste and like Booligans post states: to some people this will be the album of the year.
Booligan

prman wrote:The album is OK. Some of the songs are obvious fillers but luckily there are some good ones also. Got a couple of good laughs listening to it but the album reminded me also why I`m not too keen on Gilberts style: the hyperfast alternate picking that he highly depends on in his playing and composing starts to sound pretty stale after a while. Of course this is a matter of personal taste and like Booligans post states: to some people this will be the album of the year.
hehe, it´s difficult to turn ones heads into Gilberts style because you either love it or hate it. i personally go nuts when i hear those crazy sextuplets, sometimes even harmonised! atm my favorite songs are groovy BOltuca Saturno and catchy-as-hell Norwegian cowbell.
GuitarBizarre

Its good so far, Im gonna give the album a little more time to break in, but I like it. Not album of the year for me, thats going to the mars volta as of right now, but its definitely worth a listen and worth keeping around.