FRANK ZAPPA DIED 14 YEARS AGO

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Seraphim

Hi folks!
Yep, FZ died at December 4th, 1993. But his music still lives on!!!
In his memory I gonna pass all day listening his music and at night gonna see some FZ DVD with my favorite FZ t-shirt on!!!
Meanwhile, watching Co De Kloet myspace page I noticed one bulletin that sharing the informarion of a Zappa special on Radio 6. The program is at 20:00 CET at www.nps.nl/studio6

I gonna put here the link Co De Kloet myspace page when you can check the bulletin:
http://www.myspace.com/codekloet
Hope Co and his webmaster don't mind about puting here the link, but I think that if is on MySpace it's acessible to everyone!!!

R.I.P. Mister Frank Zappa

Music is the best
williebee

We definitely lost one of the Masters this day. Can't even imagine what he'd be doing today. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to see 6 of his shows and experience some great music. The one thing that I always respected about Frank is he never sold out, ALWAYS stayed true to himself and his work. Miss you Frank. Oh yeah and thanks for taking in that kid Steve Vai and showing him a thing or two. :peace
Hey Seraphim I'll be listening and watching Frank with you from here.
VAI05

R.I.P Frank
PSD

Nice job Seraphim. I just came by to post something similar and saw that you beat me to it. I have YCDTOSA Vol. 2 The Helsinki Concert going.

RIP Frank
teokiatuan

seraphim, where you been, man?
lydian2000

:D :D

woo-hoo seraphim is back!!!!!!

That's the little good news I had in a very long day today!

8)

:peace
Zebula77

I got into his music after his death, actually. The tribute show with Mike Keneally and Steve was the one that did it for me. I remember listening to The Black Page Part II and Echidna's Arf thinking 'man, that's some cool music'. After that I bought 'Roxy And Elsewhere' and that was it. Big fan today. Especially the instrumental stuff.
jemgirl

hey hey anibal!!!
welcome back my dear friend!

frank..R.I.P.
leigh01

Wow.. thats nuts on December 4th, (2 days ago) is when I purchased my first Frank zappa album, unknowning that, that day was his anniversary. awesome musician awesome witt.

R.I.P. Frank.

BTW. glad to see you here again seraphim.
Claus P

12-4 1993 was truly a sad, sad day. :(
But we still have his music and Dweezil is doing great plus Steve is carring the heritage further (as I see it).
Frank - enjoy your smoke and coffee where ever you have chosen to watch us. :wink:

Seraphim - good to see you back on the forum
Happy Christmas and New year when we'll reach that point.
Claus
777lovein

jes that was a very said day but he´s still there on an other dimension :)
phoenixrock
Newcomer

Thanks Seraphim,

A great loss on that fatefull day - sadly missed - my buddies in my local band always fire up a few FZ numbers before they play, out of respect for the maestro.

Great to hear from you again by the way.

Phoenixrock :lol:
Seraphim

Hi folks;
Another Zappa day on the radio 6 (link above) to celebrate the Zappa birthday (21-December-1940)
Once again, all day listening his music, in the house, in the car, in my work and in my second work at night!!!

Side note, I appreciated a lot your kind words and it's a priviledge to have you ALL as my friends!!!
Miss you ALL

Meanwhile. moving to Montana soon :P

:P Seraphim :P
BadHorsie777

man..i think that frank was one of the most ingenius musicans of his era, and i trully think that if he were alive today that he would still would be recording with his band

my hats off to you frank...

and its good to see seraphim back! :lol: :D sup sera?