Any DT fans Around?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
cerealk

Great band, been a fan since 1995, member of the fan club...

yes you could say I like them! :D
ShredGod777

Huge DT fan!!

A bunch of extremely talented musicians.

Unfortunately they have never toured Australia...... :(

Cheers.
Texter

Just got the new Theater of Dreams...haven't read it yet...oh boy 8)
drummerboy
Newcomer

Dream Theater?... Now we're TALKIN'!!!! :twisted:
greg

Awake is so their best album. Do not on your life get six degrees of inner turbulence though, it sucks. Any of the others are fine, as is OSI.
atifman

i disagree, i think their newest one is the best.
but i heard falling into infinity is their crappiest
Reaper

I'd rank Awake first, and Six Degrees second.
spawn2048

atifman wrote:i disagree, i think their newest one is the best.
but i heard falling into infinity is their crappiest
I would say that it is impossible to label any of their albums as crap. Each album is so diverse in itself that you cannot brand and catogorise the whole thing. Each album has good points and bad points in peoples opinions, which just means that every album is different in some way or another. I will admit that FII is quite different from the rest, it is alot weaker, and softer, it is very similar to Pink Floyd. Most DT albums I can pick up and get into striaght away, but this one I can only listen to when I am in certain moods. It is not bad, just different.
Viper

greg wrote:Awake is so their best album. Do not on your life get six degrees of inner turbulence though, it sucks. Any of the others are fine, as is OSI.
SDOIT isn't crap... its just different with Jordan influencing more of the writing I believe. I still liked it, I welcomed the change. There's not one album I don't like of theirs and I look forward to the next...
Texter

Oh no Jordan originally didn't have anything to do with writing 6DOIT as far as I know. He came afterwards...which made it rather incoherent at some moments. Although I'm not going to check this, it's bedtime here.
spawn2048

Texter wrote:Oh no Jordan originally didn't have anything to do with writing 6DOIT as far as I know. He came afterwards...which made it rather incoherent at some moments. Although I'm not going to check this, it's bedtime here.
Jordan arrived intime for Scenes From A Memory (the album before 6DOIT)
Reaper

No, Jordan first appeared on Scenes From a Memory... he was definately there for the writing of Six Degrees. Not only that, but the liners credit him with writing on all of the songs...
mange

I'd say that "SDOIT" is the record I like the least (still think it's good though), and "Awake" is their best effort. I rank FII very high also.

Dammit, everything they do is good!!! Both as a group and solo. :D
GuitarSlinger

Easily answered... all of them :wink:

Awake seems like a popular album. I also like Images and Words a lot.[/quote]

Yeah, 'Awake' is a very good album to get you started[/quote]

thanks for the info guys, id like to hear jordan rudesses playing a bit more, does he always use that synth sound when soloing? im really not keen on that sound and i feel that it sounds like a cheap keyboard version of an electric guitar, i heard rudes play straight piano and it was amazing,
greg

ATIFMAN, FII is one of their best studio albums, IMO! Have you heard Trial of Tears, Lines in the Sand, or Hell's Kitchen? They're some of their best songs, all from that album, trial of tears in particular.