Zack Wiesinger

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
rg350dx

anyone see "guitar zack" play at any of the recent vai shows? i saw zack open for vai last night and he (zack) was great.
vaiisgod8

I seen him at the Albany show. I dont know what to think he is a great performer not a big fan of his songs but one hell of a player. I was most impressed by his right hand. He works the crowd well but overall just not my thing.
Lotus Eater

I heard a lot of people say that they weren't into Zack, or that they didn't like his set. So naturally when I went to the show last month to see Steve, I was very intrigued to see Zack's show.
I thought he was an awsome entertainer, and a great guitarist. sure I don't NORMALY listen to his style of playing much, But I came to be entertained so I'll stand up and wave a flag for the guy and say HE WAS AWSOME!!!!!
And FUNNY AS HELL!!!
So thanks Zack, for a great show in Vancouver.
fyrie

Having seen the tour I think Zack was a great choice. His role was more of a classic "warm up the crowd" experience like comedians do before TV tapings as opposed to an opening band that tries to blow you away as they work their way up industry chain. I thought it worked really well. I don't mind at all that the opener wasn't a shredder. Don't get me wrong, Zach has impressive chops, but I think his act goes beyond guitar playing. I hope Steve continues to provide us with outside of the box openers as time goes on.
rio_perros
Newcomer

Hello rg350dx, I've seen Zack three times and he really is an exceptional guitar player; he was entertaining the crowd with a variety of genres all in a space of an opening act. He also joined the band later. Cheers :D
thejonesfactor

I saw Zack twice....I am at a loss. He is obviously a good player and has some really cool techniques and shit, but WTF?! I hope that goof ball act is just that, an act. I don't really dig his songs, just too stupid, but he is a player, no doubt. I don't see him going far w/ that act, if it is an act, or those songs. He sure is lucky Steve sees something in him.
tweezersguitar!

I've only seen Zack on youtube and i think hes an absolute breath of fresh air...I would probably go and see him live before Steve !
thejonesfactor

WOW!!!! That is quite a proclamation, can't say I would whole heartedly agree w/ that. I can't say I would agree at all, but that is the beauty of music and art, it says different things to different people. All I do know is that if VAI is playing and I can get there....I'm THERE.
Bryceybhoy

I saw him Glasgow. Agree, he has great chops - but's that's not what makes a great music. If it was, Rusty Cooly would sell millions.

I thought he was annoying to be honest. But good luck to the lad.