buckethead rereleases first demo album

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
zappahead

http://travisdickersonmusic.com/store/blueprints.html

that's right. bucketheadland blueprints has been reissued on cd.

there is a normal version, and also a personalized version being released.
zappahead

#77 is mine!!

lydian2000

I 'd be curious to hear his first demo, coz all of his releases sound like demos to me anyway :twisted:

kidding aside, I think if he released LESS he would put out BETTER albums, which songs that would stand out, that would be famous, that people would actually remember and recommand to people like me who remain to be convinced.
zappahead

to me he is more in the form of zappa. he makes music for him, and if people are into it then fine. if you don't get it, ur not supposed to get it. :wink:
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

:lol: 8) :guitar :headbang :peace
lydian2000

zappahead wrote:to me he is more in the form of zappa. he makes music for him, and if people are into it then fine. if you don't get it, ur not supposed to get it. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw

...oh...yes...now I get it!

:lol: :peace
h100

he hasn't released a cd yet?
<Mike>

I can't understand why he is so famous. Seriously.

I don't get it.
lydian2000

<Mike> wrote:I can't understand why he is so famous. Seriously.

I don't get it.
(a long sigh of relief is heard)
zappahead

I don't get it.
first of all he is not famous, he's a very underground artist that's been doin shit since 1989.

if u don't get it, ur not supposed to get it. he does every type of music, and is an entertainer, not just a guitar player. how can u not like someone who gives out toys to his audience??
<Mike>

zappahead wrote:[ first of all he is not famous, he's a very underground artist that's been doin shit since 1989.

if u don't get it, ur not supposed to get it. he does every type of music, and is an entertainer, not just a guitar player. how can u not like someone who gives out toys to his audience??
hehe :P He's famous enough to be called famous :wink:

I don't guess I have the background info. I kinda guessed that it had to be something like that he's an entertainer. (gives out toys to the audience? that's very cool 8) )

All I don't like is the music. Well, there's something for everyone. I respect every opinion.
zappahead

youtube is filled with goodies. i'm pretty sure there are some vids of him during the toy part.
pataman

I don't get it.
personally i thought the same for a long time, untill i heard the album population override, and the title track really got me. after that i got peppers ghost which just came out and loved it. He does havce a bunch of music which is more inaccesible i think, but you should really check out those two albums, some beautiful songwriting.
lydian2000

pataman wrote:

I don't get it.
personally i thought the same for a long time, untill i heard the album population override, and the title track really got me. after that i got peppers ghost which just came out and loved it. He does havce a bunch of music which is more inaccesible i think, but you should really check out those two albums, some beautiful songwriting.
first time I read a buckethead fan actually recommending two albums! thanx a lot, I will try and get population override, since peppers ghost din't do it for me. I like some tracks and riffs but there's a "je ne sais quoi"lacking, powerful melodies maybe, dunno.

thanx again! 8) :peace