Hip Hop Love

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
munchocruncho

"you simply took a name & ran with it just like a gangsta"
What the fuck?
Do you even read the shit you write? It doesn't make any sense.

"Oh, did I juz 'dis you?"
No you didn't dis me. Like i said, most people don't say "Don't dis me." You made that up. You took a rare quote and swam with it just like a quadriplegic.

And also, would you just stop. You're gonna get this thread locked.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Ah, lighten up already. Go ahead & soak in the Hip Hop Love thread here at the rock guitarist website while I go over & hang out in my new thread, "Death Metal Love" over at my favorite, somewhat popular, yet, relatively unknown turntablist's website. :mrgreen:
seljer

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those grindcore/cybergrind bands have already tried mixing the 2
(well alright, grindcore != death metal but they're pretty close)
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

These little trinkets should've gotten this thread locked already:

"You're a violent fella too."

"I hate Michael Angelo and Malmsteen."

"Any one who goes to a party is a mindless sheep anyway."

"And I said people who go to parties are mindless sheep..."

"Fuck how dense are you."

"Didn't lame white guys..."

"Spanishphrygian is arrogant."

"And if the guitar makes his arrogant shitty music perfect it certainly makes hip hop perfect."

"He has no clue, he is absolutely ignorant."

"Hip Hop wasn't named after disgusting fat drunken slobs doing the nasty, Rock and Roll was. "

"Hip Hop uses clever vocals with a rapper, Rock uses banal lyrics with a singer who can't hold a tune."

"Hip hop is groove oriented, Rockers can't groove cause they're too busy being arrogant jerks who wonder "Can that girl in the front row see my tiny hard on?"

"Your prejudice is astounding."

"I used to think like you, but then I stopped being a dickmunch and opened my mind."

"Yeah you're wrong and ignorant."

"Elitists are fools."

"You will, I believe, respect rap if you get into the deep underground where the musicianship is damn good, better than most rock bands." :lol:

"But like I said my goal isn't to get you to like Hip Hop." - yeah, right :roll:

"Rock lyrics aren't worth repeating."

"...at rap concerts everyone is chill and nice. At rock concerts everyone is spitting beer in your face and being generally unpleasant. " :lol:

"You sound like a phillip glass piece."

"F*cking rednecks everywhere like to smack their dicks to elvis but it doesn't mean sh*t in the real world."

"Would you stop with Elvis!? He's nothing."

"What can a hip hop person do that a rocker can't" Rap. - oh, really :roll:

"It's funny because you've been saying stupid shit in this thread from the start."

"Maybe if you listened to some thought-provoking hip-hop you'd have the cognitive abilities to comprehend your own stupidity."

"You took a rare quote and swam with it just like a quadriplegic." - are you 'dissin' people that are paralyzed?

Hmmm, I wonder who typed all of this up? :?
<Mike>

it's almost a novel!
spanishphrygian

"What can a hip hop person do that a rocker can't"
Rap.

"Well the question then is what can hip hop do that rock cannot? "
B-Boying[/quote]

Well there it is then. I figured out why I cannot stand Hip Hop. A rocker has more skills and knows more about music then a hip hop/rapper type. That is something that just happens when you study Pitches instead of Pitchless rap. Most rockers know everything about Studio Production and Special effects as well. In fact we actually created it all. :lol:

This means a Rocker can do everything that a Hip/hop/rap or whatever it is called can do, but from the very nature of the medium does much more then that.

I am glad that people like hip hop. I think that it is good that people identify with things and enjoy things. There has to be something for people after working a full shift at Mcdonalds or something.

I strongly believe that we can not judge people by the music that they listen to tough. This is very dangerous. Sure I do not like Hip Hop, but come on just because someone listens to it does not make them less of a person, immoral, or less inteligent or even criminal.

I went through all of that when Redneck Sherriffs in my small towne thought that all Metalhead were communists and homosexual drug addict drug dealers threatening national security and whatever other trip they were on back at the KKK/neo-nazi lodge on their days off.

Sure I could live with out hip-hop and if it all disappeared I would not miss it, but it won't. I am not treatened by it or anything. Nothing can compete with a good rock guitarist that has skills.

Still there is a lot more to Rock then Hip/hop rap if the only thing that a Hip/hop rapper can do is just Rap and 'B-Boying' What in the hell is that 'B-boying' some slang? Or what. :lol:

As far as scratching, I said that I can do it on my guitar and that is final. there is no argument there-end of issue.

Rapping is just simple rhymes while talking to a rhythm. We rockers sing to rhythms and have more faculty over the nuances of the English language and its many years of traditions.

All of the sites that you sugested do not impress me. The words, the guy scracthing, and the great hip-hop artists that you said were so good. I just do not find anything interesting at all from the genre. I do not even think there is anything to learn from it or skills to be optained from it.

The rhythms are not very interesting at all. I think Rock has better groves and more interesting rhythms. I tried once again to be what you called open minded, but I surely can not open my mind to this genre.

Some people say be 'open minded' and smoke crack and join a gang as well. There just has to be a point where one draws the line.

I draw the line at hip hop.

I think I would have more fun at the Death Metal thread now. :lol:
seljer

it's a shame this thread is 3/4 just squabble and bickering :(
This IS the Vai forum so someone posting here doesn't have that bad taste in music and there's a handful of us do take interest in other genres such as hiphop
spanishphrygian

seljer wrote:it's a shame this thread is 3/4 just squabble and bickering :(
This IS the Vai forum so someone posting here doesn't have that bad taste in music and there's a handful of us do take interest in other genres such as hiphop
I like Steve's Hip Hop song though on Flex-Able leftovers. :lol:

Oh I see B-boying is Breakdancing.

Have you ever seen Steven Tyler on Stage! (Aeorosmith Singer).
Just more prove that a rocker can do anything that hip-hop does, and Tyler does it while still singing.

You just cannot convince me man, but like what you like.
Leanne_777

I like the rapping part at the end of Sex Farm Woman by Spinal Tap :D
munchocruncho

""You took a rare quote and swam with it just like a quadriplegic." - are you 'dissin' people that are paralyzed? "

Nope.
Are you "dissin" gangsters?

You missed the point of that quote. It was just throwing back what you said only more absurd to stress how absurd your statement was.

"
"But like I said my goal isn't to get you to like Hip Hop." - yeah, right Rolling Eyes
"
It isn't its to get you to stop saying off the wall shit about things you know nothing about.

Half the shit you quoted was both A. taken out of context and B. not even offensive.

"Nothing can compete with a good rock guitarist that has skills."
A humble one would do much better, though.

"This means a Rocker can do everything that a Hip/hop/rap or whatever it is called can do, but from the very nature of the medium does much more then that. "
No. It means that a rapper can do everything a rocker can, except rap on top of it. There are rappers out there that play bass, drums, vibes on their albums along with rapping. Rappers that produce all their own music. Rappers that record it all themselves. Like I've been saying, hip-hop music does everything rock music does. Because Hip-Hop embodies all genres with an youthful urban twist.

"Still there is a lot more to Rock then Hip/hop rap if the only thing that a Hip/hop rapper can do is just Rap and 'B-Boying' What in the hell is that 'B-boying' some slang?"
You asked what can they do that a rocker can't. I told you. That means they can do everything a rocker can PLUS that.

"As far as scratching, I said that I can do it on my guitar and that is final. there is no argument there-end of issue. "
Your guitar can't say words. So if all you're doing is a pick scratch its still not fully turntablism.

"Rapping is just simple rhymes while talking to a rhythm"
Not simple rhymes. Like I said. I challenge you to write a serious verse.
"We rockers sing to rhythms and have more faculty over the nuances of the English language and its many years of traditions."
No. For ever good rock lyricist you name, theres a bad one. The same thing with hip-hop.
The thing is, I've been acknowledging that there is some bad hip-hop music out there. You've been acting like all rock music is a masterpiece. It's not true.

" I do not even think there is anything to learn from it or skills to be optained from it. "
Maybe you could take an English lesson from them. Obtained*

"Some people say be 'open minded' and smoke crack and join a gang as well. There just has to be a point where one draws the line. "
What?
All rockers have sex with hookers and get aids.
See? Do you see what you're saying?
You're just spitting a bunch of wrong shit.

You know I thought the Vai forum was a place for musicians and music lovers. Maybe it's not true. A real musician would never discredit another mans instrument or way of musical expression. All this time all I've been doing is throwing back your same ignorant statements about rap music and applying it to rock, yet it just goes right past your head. You can't even recognize your own face when I hold a mirror in front of it.

The thing is, there can be people who love ALL music. I do. I might not like all artists (I've said my fair share of negative things about a lot of artists) but I can't think of one genre in recent years that I've completely dismissed.

Don't like hip-hop. No one cares. But don't turn my thread into a Hip-hop vs. rock thread.

I've seen people banned for saying negative comments about shredders (in one of shy boys threads). And I'm surprised this thread isn't locked. I'm surprised neither of us have gotten warnings or worse.

I used to hate hip hop. I didn't understand it. But I heard a hip-hop band live. They were playing Rock music (sort of like Funkadelic) with rap vocals. I started with that one band and eventually got deep into hip-hop and realized that I like a good beat. I don't care if it's easy for a musician to make. Elvis' music was easy for the musicians. Rolling stones. And many others. It's the end result, if it sounds good at the end then who cares if they made it with live musicians, or with drum machines and synthesizers? I realized that a rapper didn't need to rap conscious to be good, that a good rhyme was a good rhyme, its all about lyrical ability.

Why does it bother you that some people like hip-hop? I like rock too. I like all music. Does that bother you?
munchocruncho

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AenMl_2jZQA

Nothing can compete with a good rock guitarist that has skills.
seljer

I have yet to hear Flex-Able Leftovers :(
Flexable is a cool album though :)

I personally don't really care much for Aerosmith, I've got a "best of" somewhere around here, and there are a couple of cool songs, I mean Dream On is legendary
but I don't know if theres any rock vocalist that does this kind of stuff (and thats not even to rap) on stage regularly.
Of course, I wouldn't expect any rock musician to do that on stage either
munchocruncho

Let's not forget that Aerosmith worked with Run-DMC.
<Mike>

munchocruncho wrote: Why does it bother you that some people like hip-hop? I like rock too. I like all music. Does that bother you?
The real question is why it bothers You that some people don't like hip hop.
And don't say that we have false assumptions cause, Appareantly, according to you, Everyone who does not like hip hop have false assumptions.

And by thinking that, and by creating this thread, there is no doubt that you are bothered by that some people doesn't like hip hop.

Not trying to put all the guilt on you here, obviously you are just defending what you belive is correct, but seriously.... there is nothing to defend since no one was attacking in the first place.

Also notice that no one here has said that it's wrong to like hip hop, only that they don't like it.

This is a useless thread. No one will change over a cat fight on the internet.

:roll:
munchocruncho

It doesn't bother me that you dont like hip hop.
Just don't come to me saying bullshit. Say "i don't like hip hop" OK! Say "I dont like hip hop because all it is is a bunch of disrespectful, ignorant, gangstas" And I'm gonna reply.

"This is a useless thread. "
No. You, another virtuoso, cymbal, spanish, and everyone else made it a useless thread.
It was just a hip-hop appreciation thread. And I intended to have people share hip-hop music in it and talk about it. But everyone came in here and tried to make it a warzone.