Hip Hop Love

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
munchocruncho

Just going back to my old point that hip hop music comes from everywhere.

What's wrong with what common says?
Sometimes I dislike when Common uses "bitch" and "ho" and then tries to act like he respects women. I also don't like when rappers use the N word, but I'm white so I don't really understand.

Even tupac had positive lyrics though (http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/2pac/K ... ad-Up.html)
munchocruncho

By the way if you have AIM and wanna IM me you can. Replies go by faster.
spanishphrygian

munchocruncho wrote:Its a guitar solo by Hip Hop band The Roots.
And the Roots have a guitarist who is a rock guitarist. And a very good one.
So when spanish said that hip hop doesn't have rock guitarists with skills, I countered with that.

"I think if hip hop music were to really sound like that, then it would be called rock music."
No, I already addressed this.
Hip hop music can be all music. It can be jazz music (early roots, Guru, and others). It can be soul music. It can be funk music.
Theres no genre of instrumental music that is "hip hop"
I am traveling now with out a computer, but I would love to check that out. I do not mind being wrong if it helps expand my knowlege and open my mind. Maybe this link I will like. I am addicted to lead guitar man, so I need to have that at least. I can't wait to check it out when I get back home. 8)
spanishphrygian

I guess I just do not like the Genre.

I looked up everything on Wikipedia, and found that my assertions our true. All of these things can be done by a Rock Guitarist.

All of the things that a turntablelist does a guitaristd already does on his guitar with his volume knobs and tone knobs. Basically, Between Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Satch and Vai they do all these things already.

Hey it is all cool though. People need to enjoy what they like.