Hardest Vai lick to Nail ?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Obsidious

Umm..... Everything?
RhythMan

randomnessman wrote:improv solo?where was this? did he perform this before a particular song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ft52fOiGQ
He did this after Answers on the original G3 DVD/Tape
twooos

Building the church tapping solo and intro
Natural Born Boy

The use of whammy bar and harmonics in the solo of "Frank" is difficult too!
teokiatuan

RhythMan wrote:
randomnessman wrote:improv solo?where was this? did he perform this before a particular song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ft52fOiGQ
He did this after Answers on the original G3 DVD/Tape
damn.
Legbur

One i have problems with is the solo in for the love of god, its really hard to nail cleanly plus you gotta gradually bring the wah into it, ive never heard anybody get it right, not even steve, but steve does do it far better than anyone ive heard, i think its a lot to do with the tone of your guitar.
Legbur

Nobodies mentioned "the mysterious murder of christian tierra's lover"
thats pretty damn hard.

Rescue me or bury me, ouch!!!!

Kill the guy with the ball, solid.
dweezil 9

Legbur wrote:One i have problems with is the solo in for the love of god, its really hard to nail cleanly plus you gotta gradually bring the wah into it, ive never heard anybody get it right, not even steve, but steve does do it far better than anyone ive heard, i think its a lot to do with the tone of your guitar.
do you mean he can't do it right in comparison to the studio version? If so, I beleive he admits that it was a great feat getting it down, you can even hear him screaming "YEAH!" after he nails it on the original track.

If not, then your claim has absolutely no logic!
Legbur

Yep, exactly my friend, that solo is singlemost one of the hardest things ever to nail, you can clearly hear that it was meticulously thought about and he knew what notes to play, where to play em and how to play them, and if steve admits it, its definitely logical to say so
Legbur

dweezil 9 wrote:
Legbur wrote:One i have problems with is the solo in for the love of god, its really hard to nail cleanly plus you gotta gradually bring the wah into it, ive never heard anybody get it right, not even steve, but steve does do it far better than anyone ive heard, i think its a lot to do with the tone of your guitar.
do you mean he can't do it right in comparison to the studio version? If so, I beleive he admits that it was a great feat getting it down, you can even hear him screaming "YEAH!" after he nails it on the original track.

If not, then your claim has absolutely no logic!
why wouldnt it be logical to say that, if you dont mind me asking?