Favorite Satriani Album(s)?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
baphomet 2
Newcomer

Not of this earth!The title track is superb!
Drumolator

Vincent Seven wrote:Live In San Francisco because live Satriani is the best!
That DVD is great! I am planning to buy the CD soon. Peace.
IbanezGRX
Banned

Satriani Live!

In Jesus's Name

Amen
nosferatu777

Crystal Planet
guyver_dio

this is the hardest decision I've ever had to make and I can't. Satriani just releases pure gold, he doesn't know any different. All of them stand out.
Drumolator

IbanezGRX wrote:Satriani Live!

In Jesus's Name

Amen
The new DVD is great too! I am going to get the first DVD on CD because it has many tunes from older Satch albums that I do not have.
Big Bad Bill

A friend of mine lent me Dave Gilmour's first solo, self-titled CD from way back in 1978. The first track is called 'Mihalis' and it sounds uncannily like 'Flying in a Blue Dream'! It could be the demo for Satch's track. Check it out and be amazed!
lemon
Newcomer

Crystal Planet and Flying in a Blue Dream...
BoonDog

Well my opinion - has to be "Satrini Live". The DVD rocks as well! real amazing consistent sound and perfomance and its all his top tunes, in a top performance.

Other choices - Time Machine and and another is Joe Satriani as i love the bluesy/jazz feel.

Regards

Boondog
fyrie

Ouch.. Very tough question. I guess I'd have to go with Flying in a Blue Dream.
prman

"Joe Satriani" (the 1995 album) is really good. I would like Steve to do something like that also. I don`t mean the blues but the overall sound and production of the album.
notavirtuoso

prman wrote:"Joe Satriani" (the 1995 album) is really good. I would like Steve to do something like that also. I don`t mean the blues but the overall sound and production of the album.
Do you mean like a live studio kinda feel? Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Joe's self titled album feels very...personal to me. Not necessarily personal to Joe, but I'm sure it is. Somehow more of a personal connection between artist and fan with that one. Not sure how to explain it properly. When listening to that disc I feel like I'm hanging out in the booth while the band plays as opposed to most albums.
melodyfirst
Newcomer

whats your favorite satriani album?

WELL I COULD NAIL IT DOWN TO ONE OF SIX

satriani is the only artist i can say that about

every one of his albums is great he is a true producer

never one invalid song just some that can be said to be more memorable than others,

self titled, not of this earth, strange beautiful music, love in space, crystal planet, flying in the blue dream

or maybe super collossal because it is newest to my ears,

and i haven't even heard really any of the many covers, b.l., recorded but not officially published,
Luc

1. Extremist
2. Crystal
3. Engines
treeduck

My favourite Joe album is the album that YOU, whoever you are who is reading this, doesn't like so much. I'm sorry but that's how it is...

:wink: