What a GREAT Guy!!!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
jam-man

Hi guys!

I just came back home from Paul Gilbert concert! :D :D :D :D :D :D

It was amazing!!! I had never seen such a show before...not one missed note, so much energy and fun in the same time...Paul even made up a song about a duck tape when his mic-stand started falling to one side and tech had to tape it to the ground... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
"If your mic-stand's falling
Tape it, tape it" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, this really was a night to remember...and after 2 hours of playing, Paul even came to us, we formed a line and he signed stuff, talked to us and took pics...

I'm not bragging :P , but I cought a pick, get his and bassist's signatures (does anyone know bassist's name and last name, I didn't quite hear it, be he is an awesome player!)and took a picture with Paul!

Take care!!!
another virtuoso

thats cool jam-man! i saw him a while back with G3 in Nashville. He is a really goofy guy and his set was a lot of fun
ClarkyNZ

Well done Jam-man, Paul is truly awesome. :)
slash89

Nice one Jammy-boy! I have yet to see him live, but trust me I will one day :)
Booligan

man am i jealous. but also glad that you had fun. :)
jam-man wrote:(does anyone know bassist's name and last name, I didn't quite hear it, be he is an awesome player!)
Mike Szuter
jam-man

Booligan wrote:
jam-man wrote:(does anyone know bassist's name and last name, I didn't quite hear it, be he is an awesome player!)
Mike Szuter
I found that name on the net, but his autograph looks like Mxxx Axxx...(x is for the letters I can't read :D ) and he wrote BASS beneath.

He is also such a great guy and a player!
When we were waiting for Paul, he was the first one to come down to us, signed all the stuff and stayed for a little chat.
He talked about G3 tour, in Scotland I think, where they accidentaly ordered a 12 inch Stonehege model instead of a 12 feet one...seemed like a funny story :lol: .

And slash89...if you even get the smallest chance to see Paul live...forget everything else and GO-GG-GO! :lol:
seljer

the Paul Gilbert concert in this country was relocated to a different venue in a different town, too far for me compared to where it was scheduled to be in the original itinerary at the start of the tour, I had to pass on seeing him last Thursday :(
al

He is a great guy, super nice too
nickcat0

Paul is a great guitarist and a really nice , friendly guy .

One of my friends and I , regularly e-mail him , asking advice on playing techniques etc . , and he always replies promptly and courteously .

He just seems to be a top bloke .
axeman31390

When I met him he said his name was mike... no clue on the last name though sorry...
Tao-RG

why dondt oyu upload the pics ? ^^
jam-man

I'll upload them as soon as I'll get them. They were taken by a friend and as soon as he gives them to me I'll put them up here! :)
jam-man

OK, here are some of the photos from my mobile phone for you to enjoy :P until I get "the real deal"!

So it starts...

Paul in action...

Mike Szuter (thanks for the name Booligan)...

This is my favourite photo, although Paul's face isn't visible, because at this point, he was 3ft away from me at most... :D

I apologiese for the quality...they were taken with my mobile phone.
al

I have some Pg videos uplaoded to my youtube

http://www.youtube.com/AlanMcKennaMusic

there from 05 in Dublin, front row center :)

some vai vids there too from 05 R.I tour, also front row.. well a bit to the right...

some malmsteen too, thats it i think
EyE

I will be seeing him may the 30th. His wife plays the keys in the band right?!