GW - Satriani to Reissue Surfing with the Alien

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
b2

From Guitar World:
Satriani to Reissue Surfing with the Alien
http://www.guitarworld.com/article/satr ... _the_alien

It is a cd and a dvd. The dvd includes live performance from
Montreux Jazz Festival on July 14, 1988.

With maybe the best lineup EVER! :D

Joe Satriani – guitar
Stu Hamm – bass
Jonathan Mover – drums
Drumolator

That's way cool, but I just bought the CD a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'll buy it again. Peace.
Big Bad Bill

Great album-I'll definitely be buying that!
Azyiu

I think I will buy it just for the DVD.
al

Yeah i read this yesterday, very cool news indeedy!

i think I have 2 Surfing with the alien cds, I guess im buying another!

dont mind really, they're handy to keep a copy in your car/jukebox/anywhere u want
Azyiu

^ plus, if Satch really goes all out and re-mastered the whole album, it should sound very very cool!
Risto Malinen
Newcomer

Azyiu wrote:^ plus, if Satch really goes all out and re-mastered the whole album, it should sound very very cool!
I just think that it has already been done, or was it some kind of re-release, that came couple of years ago with special booklet and stuff. I just got downstairs and check it and at least there was a sticker remastered in the cover. Also years were 1997 and 1999, so I guess it´s remastered already. But I really wait fot that DVD.
al

Risto Malinen wrote:
Azyiu wrote:^ plus, if Satch really goes all out and re-mastered the whole album, it should sound very very cool!
I just think that it has already been done, or was it some kind of re-release, that came couple of years ago with special booklet and stuff. I just got downstairs and check it and at least there was a sticker remastered in the cover. Also years were 1997 and 1999, so I guess it´s remastered already. But I really wait fot that DVD.

yup ive a remastered version somewhere, theres more information in the booklet or somethin
PaulEMoz

Buying. Instantly.
miker

Yah. That's the first Satch album I bought/heard... hell of an intro to the man's guitar playing skillz.

Too bad they didn't use "Surfing with the Alien" in the new "FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer" Movie. Haven't seen the movie, but I know they didn't use it 'cuz Hollywood's not that smart.

I'm definitely in for the DVD!!!

Cool stuff.
SPQR

cnt wait :lol:
slowhand
Newcomer

That will be one of the coolest DVDs ever. It's going to be worth it to buy it only for the DVD, much less another copy of the album 8)
EyE

Great album indeed. I got this award last year along with a Steve Vai ALS Award. Not pricey but just a cool thing for the collection.

Last edited by EyE on Sun May 20, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BorgAngel

I just bought the old one >.<' Anyway I really want that one. I can do one song of the album. Always with Me Always With You... The Flying In A Blue Dream album made me fall in love with the music. So I started listing Satch and then Vai... :D And in the end... I ended up here :P
slash89

I'm really looking forward to that dvd :)