Systematic Chaos

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Seraphim

Finally I can say that I love SC!!!!!!!

Also I can say that I'm disapointed with the attitude they have before the last night show and after the show, but not during the show, maybe because the TV was there and it's a good mean to have some propaganda in order to sale more stuff...

Yeah, I lost my faith in some musicians... at least they still know how to make some great music...

:? Seraphim :?
Azyiu

Seraphim wrote:Also I can say that I'm disapointed with the attitude they have before the last night show and after the show

:? Seraphim :?
What happened? Please explain?
Big Bad Bill

Yeah, what happened dude?

I remember hanging around outside their gig venue (Academy) in Manchester on a cold snowy Monday afternoon a few years ago in the hope of them saying hello or meeting us etc. The doors to the stage were wide open and we could see in and hear them rehearsing SFAM and we could see them looking over to us, so we were hopeful and very excited. Then Portnoy spoke to one of his crew (the T-shirt man as it turned out) who walked out to us, gave us the wink and closed the doors in our faces! :cry:
Leanne_777

I'm fairly glad it was just LaBrie I met, he really counldn't have been nicer. My sister met Portnoy and Petrucci last year in London though and said they were really cool, signed everything for everyone and posed for pics and stuff. I refuse to believe they're not lovely! I refuse!
Tao-RG

first i heard the album it was kinda unpleasant ; especially dark eternal night sounded very popular ;
but now i recognized a big step in their musical abilitys ; you cant hear it the first time out ;
i was in the european tour in bonn ; and they didnt play any 7-string song of this album ; simply to difficult i think master all this songs so fast live.
this si just my opinion but i think they try to mis up their abilities with modern heavy sounds ; its ok
Big Bad Bill

Leanne_777 wrote:I'm fairly glad it was just LaBrie I met, he really counldn't have been nicer. My sister met Portnoy and Petrucci last year in London though and said they were really cool, signed everything for everyone and posed for pics and stuff. I refuse to believe they're not lovely! I refuse!
I'm sure they had their reasons and were stressed when trying to get things right, but a wave, smile and perhaps a second hand explanation would've been the nicer thing to do. It was actually that experience that put me off waiting outside venues in the hope of seeing my heroes and I haven't done it since.

Steve, on the other hand.....a thorough gentleman even when he's clearly knackered or full of a cold after a UK show!
Leanne_777

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Leanne_777 wrote:I'm fairly glad it was just LaBrie I met, he really counldn't have been nicer. My sister met Portnoy and Petrucci last year in London though and said they were really cool, signed everything for everyone and posed for pics and stuff. I refuse to believe they're not lovely! I refuse!
I'm sure they had their reasons and were stressed when trying to get things right, but a wave, smile and perhaps a second hand explanation would've been the nicer thing to do. It was actually that experience that put me off waiting outside venues in the hope of seeing my heroes and I haven't done it since.

Steve, on the other hand.....a thorough gentleman even when he's clearly knackered or full of a cold after a UK show!
I couldn't agree with the last piece more. Steve was easily one of the most lovely people I have had the pleasure to meet. Very humble and sweet which is a lot more than I can say for any other 'famous' person I've met.
PaulEMoz

Leanne_777 wrote:
Big Bad Bill wrote:

I couldn't agree with the last piece more. Steve was easily one of the most lovely people I have had the pleasure to meet. Very humble and sweet which is a lot more than I can say for any other 'famous' person I've met.
The only three musicians I've met and talked to have been Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Yngwie Malmsteen. All of them were absolutely excellent to talk to.

I really like DT, and their show at Newcastle this month was just amazing. They do a lot for their fans; however, I'm sure they can't always be there for every fan. They're sure to have some reason any time they're not able to meet fans. It's just a shame that it always gets put out there as a negative (this happens with all bands).
Leanne_777

^^^^ Definitely.
Seraphim

PaulEMoz wrote:(this happens with all bands).
Yes, they are rock stars now...
:twisted: Seraphim :twisted:
Leanne_777

Seraphim wrote:
I blame Roadrunner, I honestly do.
Instrumentalrockrocks

Leanne_777 wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
I blame Roadrunner, I honestly do.
Roger that!

tough I still in someway like the album... :shock:

Shred On :guitar
joshua202020

In what song do Joe's and Steve's voices appear again?
The Prayer Whisperer
Newcomer

joshua202020 wrote:In what song do Joe's and Steve's voices appear again?
Their voice are on Repentance, track number 5.

.:~TPW~:.
joshua202020

wow my second time to ask same question haha lol