Systematic Chaos

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
acoates

The best thing they seem to do now is put better and better live versions of their old songs out there. I have to say the snippits I've heard of these new songs haven't been the most inspiring.
s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i

The entire cd is downloadable on the internet, its a killer one! Steve even speaks some phrases in one song...if I'm correct....mikey, do you know this?

HRH

Thomas
Big Bad Bill

s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i wrote:The entire cd is downloadable on the internet, its a killer one! Steve even speaks some phrases in one song...if I'm correct....mikey, do you know this?
Legally downloadable? If not, you're in trouble now and quite right too!
Tao-RG

i think its quite difficult to top an album like octavarium ;
i habe only listened to the single but this is mostly a more popular kind of musik ; in this case more modern metal
im excited how the rest will be ^^
acoates

Big Bad Bill wrote:
s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i wrote:The entire cd is downloadable on the internet, its a killer one! Steve even speaks some phrases in one song...if I'm correct....mikey, do you know this?
Legally downloadable? If not, you're in trouble now and quite right too!
Whilst it's obviously not going to be a legal method and all debating over the ethics of this aside, I can pretty much guarantee he wont be in any trouble for it.
Big Bad Bill

He's in trouble with me the next time I see him.
acoates

Big Bad Bill wrote:He's in trouble with me the next time I see him.
:lol:
joshua202020

What did steve say there? Anyone?
prman

joshua202020 wrote:What did steve say there? Anyone?
He said:" I`m not Steve Vai! If I were, I would be talking with my guitar like this: wah wah wah weedlydum. Thank you!"
acoates

He contributes to the song "Repentance", in a manner quite similar to "Under It All" as a part of a multitude of voices apologising, repenting and asking for forgiveness.
Leanne_777

Portnoy will find you and rip you a new one if you download it illegally. I know, it happened to an uncle of mine.................
Azyiu

Downloading something (the entire SC in this case) illegally then brag about it as if nothing happen makes me sick! :evil:

If you support the band or even claim you are a fan, buy the cd! :evil:
acoates

Who says he wont?
MatJB

Azyiu wrote:Downloading something (the entire SC in this case) illegally then brag about it as if nothing happen makes me sick! :evil:

If you support the band or even claim you are a fan, buy the cd! :evil:

I bought the album pre-ordered from amazon - in March.
I downloaded it illegally two months after actually paying for it.
I also have bought a concert ticket.
Hence, your argument fails.
holzwurm

In Switzerland, downloading music is leagl as long as you dont upload at the same time (uploading is illegal) and only if you use the music privately. This law was changed about 3 month ago...

about SC, i heard a few songs and can say that DT didn't change much... still great but not a lot different from the other albums. I'm looking forward to their concert in Switzerland :]