first concert

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
another virtuoso

stratocastermaster wrote:I plead the 5th :wink:
oh Strato... its ok... we already knew your first concert was Brittany Spears........

my first was Boston.
guitarbonham

I went to queen with paul rogers last year. not one of my fav bands but it was the first band i could talk my parents into letting me go to... lol im working letting me go to a steve vai concert already (would be my second...) so that when he does post the US tour dates and if he just happens to stop by minnesota.....

hehehe
Leanne_777

Mine was Metallica in '99, it was great. The first one I can remember anyway.
boswell

Gillan @ Sheffield City Hall about 1980ish Bernie Torme on guitar was excellent, squealy feedback rich tone 8)
Animal 06

Fuckin Metallica baby!! 1998 in Melbourne. great gig!! :twisted:
my main memory from that gig is a some big biker grabbin my shoulder when i was makin my way to the front (i was about 16 at the time) and sayin "dont push mate!" so i kept pushing....away from that guy ha ha. good times.
rock and roll
fiddlemord

My first concert was this Finnish metal/rock-festival Nummirock, in 1998. I was 12 at the time. I remember seeing Slayer, Pantera, Children Of Bodom, Dream Theater, Stratovarius, Sentenced, Tarot, HIM, The Hellacopters and D-A-D. There were a bunch of other artists, but I can't remember anything about their gigs. Most probably, because they are the kind of artists I don't really care about. But anyways, it was a fucking awesome experience. My first, last and only chance to see Pantera too!
davidparis

Sting last yr....we dont get much gigs in Malta...just some local bands in bars...but i dont like the local scene of music
slash89

davidparis wrote:Sting last yr....we dont get much gigs in Malta...just some local bands in bars...but i dont like the local scene of music
Sting is great! :)
Shambhala
Newcomer

Mine was:

Date: 1 Dec. 2006

Tour: G3 Down Under

Line-up: Satriani/Vai/Petrucci

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nickcat0

My first ever gig was back in the early / mid 70's at Southport Theatre .

Mud topped the bill , and the support group was Jigsaw .

Well I was young and into Glam Rock , that's my excuse .
VAI05

Ted Nugent w/ Golden Earring Weekend Warriors Tour 1978
summer_sky

VAI05 wrote:Ted Nugent w/ Golden Earring Weekend Warriors Tour 1978
whoa! that had to be freakin' awesome!! never got to see the Nuge, myself, but woulda loved to!
V-type

Styx last year was my first "real" rock concert, but I have seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra two years and running.
jem7v

Metallica
Wherever we may roam tour
the point..dublin
oct 30th 1992

no support,,they played about 3 hours,,
great memories....including waking the next morning and finishing off my cold curry chips that i had left over from the night before...yuck,,lol
jam-man

Well living in Croatia made it possible for me to see my first show at the age of 17 :x
It was Satriani's Super Colossal tour last year and it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeet :guitar