What Vai pieces can you play?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
<Mike>

Slash I just learned everything except the last part of your video. You played it very well btw although I think it's slightly diffrent at some places.

Do you have guitar pro? if you do, I can tab out how I think it is played and then send it to you and you can check it.

I will tab that part after where you stopped although when I listened to it I thought the solo sounded quite much like improvising and don't seem to be as cool to play as the main thingies.

I will try it anyway :P

Edit: Slash I tabbed until where you are now and I'm quiter sure that in the part after steve does not play both the high tones and the low tones at the same time. I'm quite sure that he first recorded the low tones and then the high tones above that. (or vice versa of course)
thing is that I can't hear any signs of sliding or anything that says that he jumps between the low and high tones so it has to be like this.

if anyone thinks I'm wrong then go ahead and correct me :D
slash89

<Mike> wrote:Slash I just learned everything except the last part of your video. You played it very well btw although I think it's slightly diffrent at some places.

Do you have guitar pro? if you do, I can tab out how I think it is played and then send it to you and you can check it.

I will tab that part after where you stopped although when I listened to it I thought the solo sounded quite much like improvising and don't seem to be as cool to play as the main thingies.

I will try it anyway :P

Edit: Slash I tabbed until where you are now and I'm quiter sure that in the part after steve does not play both the high tones and the low tones at the same time. I'm quite sure that he first recorded the low tones and then the high tones above that. (or vice versa of course)
thing is that I can't hear any signs of sliding or anything that says that he jumps between the low and high tones so it has to be like this.

if anyone thinks I'm wrong then go ahead and correct me :D
Thanks man :) Yeah I have Guitar Pro 5 and would love to get a decent tab to make learning the rest of the song easier :)
<Mike>

ok I can't find my gp access lol :lol:

I'll look some more and if I still can't find it then I'll just download it :P

I'll tab what I can play so far and send it to you when I have gp. Just tell me your email.
slash89

<Mike> wrote:ok I can't find my gp access lol :lol:

I'll look some more and if I still can't find it then I'll just download it :P

I'll tab what I can play so far and send it to you when I have gp. Just tell me your email.
Thank you :) kbs899@hotmail.com
<Mike>

ah well... I uploaded it and you know I did so yeah.

=)

http://rapidshare.com/files/25159335/fr ... excess.rar (if anyone else want it. the main parts of freak show excess in gp format)
slash89

<Mike> wrote:ah well... I uploaded it and you know I did so yeah.

=)

http://rapidshare.com/files/25159335/fr ... excess.rar (if anyone else want it. the main parts of freak show excess in gp format)
I sent you an e-mail with my version of it :)
<Mike>

:headbang
slash89

<Mike> wrote::headbang
Glad you enjoyed it :)